By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - Messi vs Ronaldo: Race to Ballon d'Or 2015

I don't really know if you guys here on VGC care about this stuff, but fuck it .. I do ;)

Around the Network

Tagged...

like this matters anyway... it was ronaldos turn, thats all. neuer was clearly the best 2014, but didnt mattered.

I really hope Messi can do it this year. Ronaldo has already scored 28 goals in La Liga which is insane but he's not been doing too well in other tournaments so far. Messi has 8 goals in the Champions league and Ronaldo has 5. Messi really needs to outdo him in the Champions League to win it. Messi also has Copa America this year so that could also push him if he performs there.

Ka-pi96 said:
generic-user-1 said:
like this matters anyway... it was ronaldos turn, thats all. neuer was clearly the best 2014, but didnt mattered.

You realise that this award is voted on by footballers right? They thought Ronaldo deserved it, not Neuer.

the voting system isnt so good, if you wanna have a chance in spain or the uk, dont vote wrong. if you dont wanna have problems with your club, dont vote wrong.

Around the Network

Ya I think Ronaldo is a better all around player but not by much both are unreal, two of the bed in the last ten years by far. I don't think any player comes close to them in the world they are up their with pele, maradona, best

old skool

Ka-pi96 said:
generic-user-1 said:

You realise that this award is voted on by footballers right? They thought Ronaldo deserved it, not Neuer.

I know right. Everyone talks as if it's a conspiracy and that these 2 win because they're the most marketable or whatever. If it was chosen by FIFA then sure you can make these conspiracy theories, but the votes are made by footballers, coaches and journalists and they are made public for everyone to see. The system isn't perfect and there are many who simply vote for their friends or countrymen. There are also a lot of footballers and coaches who are clueless, but it's no conspiracy.

To me Messi is not the best player in the world for one reason (and this is most times I've watched him) he is lazy at tracking back. He has not defensive power, just gets the ball and scores. Big whoop. The best players are those that work hard, do more than their job. Ronaldo does, Neuer does, Rooney did more last season to try and salvage something for Man U than Messi can dream. Yaya Toure, now there's a great player.

Hmm, pie.

Talal said:
Ka-pi96 said:
generic-user-1 said:

I know right. Everyone talks as if it's a conspiracy and that these 2 win because they're the most marketable or whatever. If it was chosen by FIFA then sure you can make these conspiracy theories, but the votes are made by footballers, coaches and journalists and they are made public for everyone to see. The system isn't perfect and there are many who simply vote for their friends or countrymen. There are also a lot of footballers and coaches who are clueless, but it's no conspiracy.

lets be real, sportsjournalist just a little smarter than games journalists and many football players are so stupid that you have to ask yourself how they can remember the rules. media hype has a lot more effect on not so bright people... and a system that lets everyone see how you voted is BAD not good.

The Fury said:
To me Messi is not the best player in the world for one reason (and this is most times I've watched him) he is lazy at tracking back. He has not defensive power, just gets the ball and scores. Big whoop. The best players are those that work hard, do more than their job. Ronaldo does, Neuer does, Rooney did more last season to try and salvage something for Man U than Messi can dream. Yaya Toure, now there's a great player.

Ronaldo doesn't track back either. He did with Mourinho, but not anymore. And if you seriously think that Rooney did more for Man U than Messi is doing for Barcelona then I doubt you watch many Barcelona game. He is Barcelona's man of the match every single game. People on Barca sites started calling the MOTM award "Man Other Than Messi (MOTM)" because he literally wins it everytime and it's redundant to include him in the voting. He is not just Barca's top scorer he is also Barca's top assister. He has by far the most goals by far the most assists by far the most key passes by far the most dribbles. When a player does all that is it really necessary for him to defend? Besides he's been tracking back a lot more under Enrique.