By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What and when was your first 'first day purchase?

My first, first day purchase was Crackdown - turned out to be one of the best games this gen so far.  I reserved Halo 3 and picked it up the day it came out (not at midnight).

Around the Network

Resident Evil 2 for the PSone. Spent the entire night playing it.

Now Playing: Crysis 2

Last Finished: BulletStorm

Online IDs: PSN: computermaximus, XBL: computermaximus

Ive never got a game first day. Only systems. I was the first pre-order in town for the wii when it came out so i just showed up like 5 minutes before the store opened. There was like 50 people in line and i think only one other pre-order (the didnt advertise it so not many people knew about them). They only got 5 systems in that shipment so me, the other guy that pre-ordered and 3 people that had been there for like 6 hours got the system. lots of pissed off people.

Also got 2 ps3s the same way at both the EB games in town because, again, nobody knew about the preorders before hand. I sold one online to pay for the other one so i was a happy camper.

No 1st day purchase for me.I am too damn slow. ;)

Tempus fugit Nintendo manet.

Level 1 - Newbie
Level 2 - Member - Pass 1k
Level 3 - Regular - Pass 2k
Level 4 - Addicted - Pass 5k
Level 5 - Obsessed - Pass 10k
Level 6 - Old Guard - Pass 20k
Level 7 - Legend - Pass 50k
Level 8 - Demi-God - Pass 100k
Level 9 - God - Pass 250k
Level 10 - Zeus - Pass 500k

New Table:

Level 1 - Newbie
Level 2 - Rookie - Pass 1k
Level 3 - Padawan - Pass 10k
Level 4 - Sea Dog - Pass 25k
Level 5 - Captain - Pass 50k
Level 6 - Agent - Pass 100k
Level 7 - Elite - Pass 175k
Level 8 - Hero - Pass 250k
Level 9 - Legend - Pass 500k
Level 10 - Titan - Pass 1 Million

Halo 2.

Gamertag: KillswitchTris PSN ID: KsET665 Wii Friend Code: 8415 6393 6330 0940 (PM me if you add me)
Feel Free To Add Me Tag: LISMDK - Extremely bad taste in music
Around the Network

I believe it was Sonic 2 but that was so long ago I can barely remember. I do remember that every onethat saw the game wanted to play it before we could even take it home.

Tag - "No trolling on my watch!"

Crabmaster2000 said:
Ive never got a game first day. Only systems. I was the first pre-order in town for the wii when it came out so i just showed up like 5 minutes before the store opened. There was like 50 people in line and i think only one other pre-order (the didnt advertise it so not many people knew about them). They only got 5 systems in that shipment so me, the other guy that pre-ordered and 3 people that had been there for like 6 hours got the system. lots of pissed off people.

Also got 2 ps3s the same way at both the EB games in town because, again, nobody knew about the preorders before hand. I sold one online to pay for the other one so i was a happy camper.

Wow, you've never gotten a game with your system?

On topic: Majora's mask.  Zelda was the first series I loved enough to actually pay attention to release dates... it would have been OOT but I didn't yet have a 64 when that was released.

I might have accidentally gotten some before then, but if i did it was not on purpose. 

Please, PLEASE do NOT feed the trolls.
fksumot tag: "Sheik had to become a man to be useful. Or less useful. Might depend if you're bi."

--Predictions--
1) WiiFit will outsell the pokemans.
  Current Status: 2009.01.10 70k till PKMN Yellow (Passed: Emerald, Crystal, FR/LG)

My first and to date only first day purchase has been Legend of Zelda Phantom Hourglass.

i have never had a first day purchase.....i am to lazy to do the midnight launch thing and usualy dont get a game till i find it at random....but that changes satuday as i get brawl baby!!!!!!

When I had the Xbox, I would always try to get the Bond games the day they came out - I think I succeeded sometimes - so I guess that was my first. I can't wait for Bond in this generation - hopefully this November - but I haven't heard any news.

Edit:

Check that, I found a rumor that a game is in the works to coincide with the movie this autumn.