By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony to Close all of its 14 Stores in Canada

Canada falling behind?

Around the Network
HylianSwordsman said:
Sony has dedicated stores? I had no idea. Never heard of one here in the US, so it's weird to hear they existed in Canada.

Yeah, they have. It's rare, but they have one of these stores near my house (Rio/Brazil).

Bet with Teeqoz for 2 weeks of avatar and sig control that Super Mario Odyssey would ship more than 7m on its first 2 months. The game shipped 9.07m, so I won

Sony still had stores? They closed the only one that was around here years ago...don't get me wrong, it was an awesome store. But...I didn't realize they were still a thing.

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.

What's this all a-boot?

UltimateUnknown said:
What's this all a-boot?

Sony's toboggans and poutine have terrible failure rates. Don't even get me started on their toques.

8th gen predictions. (made early 2014)
PS4: 60-65m
WiiU: 30-35m
X1: 30-35m
3DS: 80-85m
PSV: 15-20m

Around the Network

We'll no doubt here all kinds of doom and gloom about this, but this is exactly what needs to happen. When tough times hit you get lean, you trim the fat. They needed to do some spring cleaning and this is what they concluded was best. Ditching their phone business could be the next step since it is costing them. And that's not a bad thing, it's what is necessary for them to become a strong company once again.

Those were some of the lifeless stores I've ever seen. Pretty depressing, especially as Microsoft stores have been opening up and are actually very lively places.

I wouldn't want to stay in an Ouya focused gaming market either.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

They should close all of them ww. They charge more then you can find there stuff in other stores

no real need for them since they sell sony stuff in any department store.

The one round here offered service/repairs too, maybe less people repairing stuff hurt their business model somewhat.