By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Theory: GTA 5 PC is ready to ship

Jizz_Beard_thePirate said:
Kerotan said:
I never said pc was all about piracy. They might fear their product will be devalued if suddenly it's available for free

Well, there are things called a "Hacked ps3 and Hacked 360" and I own a hacked ps3 which I hacked myself and GTA V is avaliable for free on hacked ps3s/360s (and it was avaliable for free 2+ weeks prior to public release) but does that mean that GTA V got devalued? Probably not... Rockstar is an old company that has ported virtually every single GTA to PC and Piracy isn't a new thing. So yea, its certainly not cause of that

Hacked PS3s and 360s account for a WAAAAAAAY lower % of pirating than PC gaming. You can pirate virtually any game you want on PC with no effort. Console pirating is used by 5% of the console population at most, it is used by probably about half of PC gamers. Every PC gamer I know pirates from time to time.

Around the Network
rolltide101x said:
Kerotan said:
I never said pc was all about piracy. They might fear their product will be devalued if suddenly it's available for free

Well, there are things called a "Hacked ps3 and Hacked 360" and I own a hacked ps3 which I hacked myself and GTA V is avaliable for free on hacked ps3s/360s (and it was avaliable for free 2+ weeks prior to public release) but does that mean that GTA V got devalued? Probably not... Rockstar is an old company that has ported virtually every single GTA to PC and Piracy isn't a new thing. So yea, its certainly not cause of that

Hacked PS3s and 360s account for a WAAAAAAAY lower % of pirating than PC gaming. You can pirate virtually any game I want on PC with no effort. Console pirating is used by 5% of the console population at most, it is used by probably about half of PC gamers. Every PC gamer I know pirates from time to time

Firstly, no duh console piracy is lower than PC. Everyone knows that but the point that I was trying to make is that, just because something is avaliable for free doesn't mean it will get devalued like crazy and people won't buy it and Rockstar is certainly a company that has been porting GTA games to PC since forever. Another example is that you can pirate songs easier than games but does that mean that music artists won't put their songs on itunes cause its avaliable for free? Of course not... Secondly, can I see some proof that says that its probably "half of PC gamers" are pirates?

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Trust me.The kind of pirates that you think will hurt sales were not even thinking of buying the game in the first place, no matter what platform the game is on.

I'm from Mexico(but been living in the U.S for 5 years now)and where I lived pirating is more common than owning stuff legally.If a pirate wants to play on a console, that person will just wait until the console gets hacked, this person was never meant to contribute to the publisher's revenue in any way, because his mentality is all about pirating media.Basically what I'm saying is, that the sales lost from people pirating the game were meant to be lost in the first place, since pirating is just something common that this kind of industry has to deal with nowdays.

rolltide101x said:
Kerotan said:

Hacked PS3s and 360s account for a WAAAAAAAY lower % of pirating than PC gaming. You can pirate virtually any game I want on PC with no effort. Console pirating is used by 5% of the console population at most, it is used by probably about half of PC gamers. Every PC gamer I know pirates from time to time

Firstly, no duh console piracy is lower than PC. Everyone knows that but the point that I was trying to make is that, just because something is avaliable for free doesn't mean it will get devalued like crazy and Rockstar is certainly a company that has been porting GTA games to PC since forever. Another example is that you can pirate songs easier than games but does that mean that music artists won't put their songs on itunes cause its avaliable for free? Of course not... Secondly, can I see some proof that says that its probably "half of PC gamers" are pirates?

You wanna argue with the fact 50%  of pc gamers are pirates?

In my opinion the number is much higher then that, i am pro drm and i am always hoping they found an unbreackable drm, because if there was close to no piracy, probably pc would be the only platform we needed to make big games profitable and we wouldn't have ps4 or xboxs.

bluemd said:

Firstly, no duh console piracy is lower than PC. Everyone knows that but the point that I was trying to make is that, just because something is avaliable for free doesn't mean it will get devalued like crazy and Rockstar is certainly a company that has been porting GTA games to PC since forever. Another example is that you can pirate songs easier than games but does that mean that music artists won't put their songs on itunes cause its avaliable for free? Of course not... Secondly, can I see some proof that says that its probably "half of PC gamers" are pirates?

In my opinion the number is much higher then that, i am pro drm and i am always hoping they found an unbreackable drm, because if there was close to no piracy, probably pc would be the only platform we needed to make big games profitable and we wouldn't have ps4 or xboxs.

Well, if its a fact, then there must be some proof. If 50% of the pc gamers are indeed pirates, then I would like some proof good sir. I am not saying that Piracy isn't a thing on PC but I would like to know the % of it

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Around the Network
bluemd said:

Well, if its a fact, then there must be some proof. If 50% of the pc gamers are indeed pirates, then I would like some proof good sir. I am not saying that Piracy isn't a thing on PC but I would like to know the % of it

You are right, but it's really hard to have reliable numbers about piracy. What we know for sure is a lot of big developers tell us most of their sales are from  onsoles, and this is really indicative if you consider steam has something like 100m accounts.

Xbox one sells more game then pcs while having an userbase that is less then 1/10 of steam. In my opinion piracy is not big as it was 5 years ago, but is a lot more then 50 per cent. Again, this is just my opinion...

Pc release would harm sales - that's the fact.

As long as console versions sales are this high Rockstar has no interest in PC release.

Personally I think GTA V PC, PS4 and Xbox One versions where all ready in summer 2014.

Yes, I think this makes sense. I wouldn't agree 100% with it but it's definitely a big possibility.

The PS5 Exists. 

Kerotan said:

They often put their pc ports on the back burner and I think it's because consoles are the real money maker for them 

GribbleGrunger said:
Yes, I think this makes sense. I wouldn't agree 100% with it but it's definitely a big possibility.

Thanks gribble and welcome back! I probably wouldn't agree with myself 100% either but the fact they make way more from consoles has a huge bearing.