By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Wait, where was the Holiday line-up of the Xbox One?

I remember throughout the year of 2014 a lot of loud people were convinced the Xbox One lineup was going to obliterate the PS4 lineup during the holiday period. To be honest I haven't seen anything significant that wasn't on other systems compared with the PS4 as both consoles were mainly selling multiplatform games. 

PS4 had DriveClub and LBP3 that are selling really well and are currently (after patches) also highly acclaimed but The Last of Us that released in the summer has also received great legs during this period.

While on the Xbox One I can only think of Halo because both FH2 and Sunset Overdrive aren't really that popular. And if I would compare the current state of these games than I would choose all Playstation exclusives above the mentioned Xbox exclusives. 

This is just my opinion because after all the big talk from a lot of people I expected more but I turned out nothing that special. And even next holiday doesn't look good, nor these upcoming months. 

Stories unfolded with my home made rap songs. Feel free to listen here with lyrics: https://youtu.be/vyT9PbK5_T0

Around the Network

That was it. Little Broken Planet 3 and Drivealone vs FH2, SO and Halone MCC

If we're talking in terms of sales, FH2 and Halo have been successes, SO unfortunately not so much. You've got to remember FH2 was released on 360 and PC(I think? Correct me if wrong) which would obviously hurt X1 sales. In terms of quality, Xbox's lineup definitely did obliterate PS4's.

And next holiday will be even better. Halo, Quantum Break, Tomb Raider and maybe another Forza. Some unannounced games too!

Considering Holiday console sales put installed base at about 10 vs 18 million... and we don't have any numbers besides really VGChartz to go off.. which doesn't include DIGITAL sales.. we can only say this.. Halo: MCC outsold Driveclub.. by about 300k .. My guess is MUCH more digitally.. Its probably like 2.5 million vs 1.85 million for Halo: MCC..

Both Sunset and FH2 sold about 750k so far.. LPB3 is at 900k.. but again.. 10 mil vs 18 mil consoles.. so the ratio is MUCH better for the X1 games all around.. I wouldn't say X1 holiday games obliterated.. But they did seem to do better comparatively.

XBLive: cpg716     PSN ID: cpg716  Steam: Luv4Tech77

Predictions on 12/01/15 - Generation 8 Totals:

PS4: 85-95m
X1: 55-65m
WiiU: 20-30m

Halo MCC, Sunset Overdrive, Forza Horizon 2, and Killer Instinct Season 2.

I do believe people were talking about quality by the way. Even yet, all the games mentioned above will be selling 1-2m lifetime at the very least.

And PS4 had Driveclub and LittleBigPlanet3 which were not received well though will sell more being on a more popular console worldwide.

im not sure where youre going with this thread other than trying to start something but at least take a step back and look at things

Around the Network

Well with all the buzz I expected console movers and multimillion sellers.
Halo is well established so obviously it was going to do well. The games weren't bad and didn't sell bad but they didn't live to sales and quality hype.

DriveClub was expected to flop after the first week or two with all the issues etc. but look now. Same thing for the low FW for LBP3.

Stories unfolded with my home made rap songs. Feel free to listen here with lyrics: https://youtu.be/vyT9PbK5_T0

Ka-pi96 said:
elazz said:

I remember throughout the year of 2014 a lot of loud people were convinced the Xbox One lineup was going to obliterate the PS4 lineup during the holiday period. To be honest I haven't seen anything significant that wasn't on other systems compared with the PS4 as both consoles were mainly selling multiplatform games. 

PS4 had DriveClub and LBP3 that are selling really well and are currently (after patches) also highly acclaimed but The Last of Us that released in the summer has also received great legs during this period.

While on the Xbox One I can only think of Halo because both FH2 and Sunset Overdrive aren't really that popular. And if I would compare the current state of these games than I would choose all Playstation exclusives above the mentioned Xbox exclusives. 

This is just my opinion because after all the big talk from a lot of people I expected more but I turned out nothing that special. And even next holiday doesn't look good, nor these upcoming months. 

That's wrong. Both Forza Horizon 2 and Sunset Overdrive have higher metacritic scores than Driveclub and LBP 3, therefore they are more highly acclaimed than them. If we are talking sales then FH2 and SO are very close to LBP 3s sales, so if they aren't popular then neither is LBP 3.

I'm talking more on general consensus of people. People talk a lot about DriveClub and every week something new about the game, the technology or support is popping up. But I don't here anything from Xbox exclusives

elazz said:
Well with all the buzz I expected console movers and multimillion sellers.
Halo is well established so obviously it was going to do well. The games weren't bad and didn't sell bad but they didn't live to sales and quality hype.

DriveClub was expected to flop after the first week or two with all the issues etc. but look know. Same thing for the low FW for LBP3.

So you make a thread about the lineup of xbox and ask where they were and then you come out and say Sony's was bad?

ok then

elazz said:

I'm talking more on general consensus of people. 

And now youre twisting words?  And i certainly dont see all this talk about DC or LBP either so im not sure where that is coming from.  I saw a lot of threads about them being broken, but beyond that not that much

PS. News comes out all the time for SO and FH2.....Do you even know what youre talking about?

This thread doesn't make any sense.

Proud to be a Californian.