By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Say something about the person posting above you (II)

Well...

Tag (Courtesy of Fkusumot) "If I'm posting in this thread then it's probally a spam thread."                               

Around the Network

Well.......??????

Are my arguments good or not?

good in the sense of biased

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Mario is wuvable! All those traits make Mario, Mario.

What, you want a bald dude behing a mask with a machine gun shooting Aliens/Turtles?!

Tag (Courtesy of Fkusumot) "If I'm posting in this thread then it's probally a spam thread."                               

No. I want better developed and more interesting characters, like Wander, ICO, Kratos, the Prince in Sands of Time, etc.
Mario pales in comparison with those characters

Around the Network

I have to agree Link is awesome!

I never said that Link is awesome. But he has a pretty good char design, I have to agree with that

Yeah, but another problem with your argument is that generaly Mario games don't even need a story. The mario games (like Galaxy) are all about gameplay, and having shit loads of fun. So Mario doesn't need to have a lot of backround like Kratos, or the Prince.

I forgot to add this before...

c03n3nj0 said:

Yeah, but another problem with your argument is that generaly Mario games don't even need a story. The mario games (like Galaxy) are all about gameplay, and having shit loads of fun. So Mario doesn't need to have a lot of backround like Kratos, or the Prince.

I forgot to add this before...

I don't get this argument. I think most games (except racing, fighting and sports games) need a good story. I don't get why Mario should be excepted. Prince of Persia 2 (the 1990 game) had a good story, simple, yet good, why can't Mario?. Some games can tell a story unlike any other, like ICO and SotC, and they wouldn't be as memorable without it. That's one of the reasons that most Nintendo games are not as memorable to me, the lack of a captivating story is a huge detriment. Advance Wars, Golden Sun and Fire Emblem did it good. That's why they're the the three best Nintendo franchises

Well they don't need a ground shattering story, all of them have good and simple ones.