By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Would u be willing to pay an extra for backwards compatibility?

If it was fifty dollars more I would of done it,

Go Team Venture! I still don't get the Wii, PS Move,  and Kinect.

Around the Network

for $100 no chance. for $30-$50.. maybe.

even 150$ more, maybe 200.
but i would like a 1 tera HDD or more.

Im almost trading my 160gb ps3 for other with 500 gb.

Yes I would of, probably even at $100 more. I despise clutter under my main TV, I have a room upstairs where all my "retro" systems reside and it isn't often I go up there to game (hot in the summer cold in the winter). I'm lazy and would rather not have to unhook a system and drag it all downstairs to play on the "good TV". Getting all my old systems on one TV requires multiple input selector boxes and although it all works it is a F*&^ing mess of wires.

100$ more? I have a feeling BC doesn't cost that much to implement.

Still, if it was implemented from the get-go, I wouldn't have the chance to compare the price w/o BC to BC.

Around the Network

backwards compatibility is very overrated on internet forums. there is no market for it.

kitler53 said:
backwards compatibility is very overrated on internet forums. there is no market for it.

Kitler!?!  YOU????   NOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

(Sorry for the bump, mods.  I was shocked when I saw this.  I'll take my punishment.)

Playstation store is full of PS One, PS2 and PSP games already. We also can see many remastered PS3 games coming so why should we need even bigger support. And I'm sure that 90% of the people already have PS3. To me, new console is about new games.

Nice thread revival, nice timing.

Hmm, pie.