By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Digital Foundry vs Halo 5 beta

JayWood2010 said:
Zekkyou said:

I think he was being hypothetical

He seemed pretty certain to me...So certain that he managed to pin point the exact percentage. Amazing.

Around the Network
curl-6 said:
Ruler said:
kinisking said:

Thats what they say about every halo game ever. It will succeed. And let's ignore sunset overdrive and quantum break which are 2 interesting new ip's coming soon or have already arrived. 

well this time its different, this time its not made by bungie and the install base is much smaller on the X1. I think it will sell 2 million units and get mediocore reviews

Want to make a bet? One month's sig control and the loser has to put "curl/ruler was right and I was wrong about Halo 5 selling 2 million lifetime" in thir sig for that time. You game?

That's an easy win for you.

true_fan said:

Yea right, I bet you thought Kill zone was 1080p.

It is

Galahaddy said:
true_fan said:

It is

He is talking about Multiplayer which isnt.  Sony is being sued because it isnt and they misled people to believe it was

riderz13371 said:
JayWood2010 said:
Zekkyou said:

I think he was being hypothetical

He seemed pretty certain to me...So certain that he managed to pin point the exact percentage. Amazing.

No I do not have proof that people can't tell the difference but there has been so many instances proving me right such as: Ryse, KZSF, Watch Dogs, AC Unity. Have you noticed that when gameplay videos are showed everything is all good, then as soon as the devs  say the resolution or DF does their analysis, that is when all the outcry begins. Proves  very few notice until they are told. 

Around the Network
JayWood2010 said:

He is talking about Multiplayer which isnt.  Sony is being sued because it isnt and they misled people to believe it was

It's a silly thing to bring up as the MP is not 720p either, which is what I believe people were talking about.

There is obviously pressure for them to get it to 1080p with smooth framerate and next gen graphics. Probably more pressure than should exist but thats just the way it is. I believe they can pull it off, but the are going to have to really have to optimize the hell out of that engine. The comments about next gen visuals are also valid. I think they are expecting vegetation on par with Uncharted on something. Reading some of their evaluation, they are really vicious in their dissection of this beta in some respects.

true_fan said:

Have you noticed that when gameplay videos are showed everything is all good

Youre not going to be able to tell a difference from online videos.  Its more of a hands on thing.  

true_fan said:

Yea right, I bet you thought Kill zone was 1080p.

That's a pretty terrible example, seeing as it used a simulated resolution ^^ Regardless, many of us (such as myself and BenV) did mention its odd IQ shortly after launch. 

Seeing as the image clarity itself was almost a perfect 1080p (the render output wasn't, but the onscreen pixel count remained 1920x1080), we assumed it was due to the custom FXAA method. This seems likely since there were odd aliasing artifacts around the place (which it turns out were caused by the prediction algorithm), and texture often seems overly blurred while in motion, a common effect of FXAA.

Regardless, since you've confirmed to another user that you totally made up the figure, i'll remind you that spreading fud is against the forum rules, and frankly makes you look silly ^^

axumblade said:
Guys, we understand that this topic can get a bit heated but please try to remain respectful towards each other. There's no need to get so passive aggressive or outright rude to each other.

Why dont you all just moderate people for this instead of lumping people together?  Thats not how people learn.