By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Memo To Microsoft: Spin Off Xbox

pbroy said:
Ruler said:
pbroy said:
Ruler said:
pbroy said:
As a Sony fan, I agree. M$ needs to sell Xbone. Whoever takes over will have a less capable software team backing up the console and soon the PS4 will be more feature intensive and pass the Xbone in power and experience. Please sell it M$

and what software is it? MS has no devolopers anymore and in hardware design they always failed. The software focus is part of the reason why xbox one failed in the first place = Kinect, power of the cloud

UI.... Everyone knows M$ buys gamez

even by buying games and devolopers they it arent what it used to be. The x360s launch had rare titles and even two exclusive jrpgs funded by MS, last odessy and blue dragon. Xbox UI was always horrible imo

Xbox 360 UI >>>>>> PS3 UI (slow ass molasses)

not true, its faster as long as you dont want to look your trophies. And at least sony hasnt changed it 100 times

Around the Network
kowenicki said:
MoHasanie said:
JayWood2010 said:
MoHasanie said:
I agree. MS needs to get rid of Xbox and I'm saying that as a fan of Xbox.

I really dont believe you

@OP - Misinformed

Ok...

Xbox is not profitable. It barely makes money, and has never recovred the losses its made in the past. MS doesn't even need it. 

You're wrong but even if you are right... pretty much the same scenario for Playstation.  Whats your point?

Unlike X1, PS4 will be very sucessful and we could be looking at profits similar to the PS2 days for Sony. X1 will be lucky to sell 60-70m whereas PS4 is looking like it will sell 100m+. Basically all I'm saying is that the PS division will be much more profitable this gen then Xbox.  

But my point was that MS doesn't need and want an unprofitable business like Xbox. 

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

MoHasanie said:
JayWood2010 said:
MoHasanie said:

@OP - Misinformed

Ok...

Xbox is not profitable. It barely makes money, and has never recovred the losses its made in the past. MS doesn't even need it. 

So as a fan of Xbox, you'd rather MS spin it off to another company who would not be able to sustain those losses you mentioned? Or accept that it supposedly "barely" makes money?

Xbox fans should be glad there is a massively profitably, ginormous entity backing it like Microsoft. And PS fans should be glad Sony makes tons of money selling life insurance. Otherwise both divisions would see some pretty drastic cost cutting measures being taken at best.

LudicrousSpeed said:

So as a fan of Xbox, you'd rather MS spin it off to another company who would not be able to sustain those losses you mentioned? Or accept that it supposedly "barely" makes money?

Xbox fans should be glad there is a massively profitably, ginormous entity backing it like Microsoft. And PS fans should be glad Sony makes tons of money selling life insurance. Otherwise both divisions would see some pretty drastic cost cutting measures being taken at best.

If a business can't survive on its onw then it doesn't deserve to exist. 

MoHasanie said:
kowenicki said:
MoHasanie said:
JayWood2010 said:
MoHasanie said:

@OP - Misinformed

Ok...

You're wrong but even if you are right... pretty much the same scenario for Playstation.  Whats your point?

Unlike X1, PS4 will be very sucessful and we could be looking at profits similar to the PS2 days for Sony. X1 will be lucky to sell 60-70m whereas PS4 is looking like it will sell 100m+. Basically all I'm saying is that the PS division will be much more profitable this gen then Xbox.  

But my point was that MS doesn't need and want an unprofitable business like Xbox. 

Blah.  I hate predictions and you have no idea what will happen between now and 4 years from now in gaming in general. 

Around the Network
MoHasanie said:
LudicrousSpeed said:

So I'm going to agree with Jay, the logic makes such little sense, I am inclined to not believe you.

Ka-pi96 said:
fleischr said:
vkaraujo said:

If nothing else, the Xbox division is a sometimes profitable marketing investment.

Extremely valuable? Yes.

Profitable? No.

Need I remind you the billions upon billions lost in Xbox's first decade?

So? What do losses made 10 years ago mean today? Absolutely nothing!

There's a prolonged history of losses. The Xbox division only became profitable when the Kinect came out. And now that fad is dead. The only other reason the Xbox division has remained profitable has been because of Skype and Android royalties. 

I'm still wondering how MS plans to make any ROI on that Minecraft acquisition.

MS manages to have a really popular gaming platform in Xbox, but not a really solid business in terms of profit.

I predict NX launches in 2017 - not 2016

Gamz said:

Blah.  I hate predictions and you have no idea what will happen between now and 4 years from now in gaming in general. 

That's true but I think its obvious that PS will be much more profitable then Xbox this gen. 

LudicrousSpeed said:
MoHasanie said:
LudicrousSpeed said:

So I'm going to agree with Jay, the logic makes such little sense, I am inclined to not believe you.

Ok, believe what you want. I don't have to prove myself to you guys. 

But how does that logic not make sense? 

Burek said:
Gamz said:
They just had their best year launch in Xbox history. Why in the world are we having this conversation?

Isn't this then the perfect time to sell it? At the height of its popularity. It would certainly command a premium price. 

You could say the same thing to the PlayStation brand considering how much money Sony lost all these years.

Proud to be a Californian.