By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - HDTV lag on a 360

I got a problem and was hoping some of the 360 owners here could help.  Now I don't actually own a 360 so I haven't messed around with the options so there may be a real simple solution I just don't know about.

The situation is that whenever we try to play an Xbox original game on my friends' HDTV there is a noticable lag which really hinders gameplay especially when we try to system link and play halo 2.  He has an elite and it is hooked up with HDMI.  His 360 games (GH2, Halo 3) have no lag whatsoever. 

I figured it was a problem with the TV trying to upscale the game to his TV's native resolution but I tried changing the 360 display setting in the dashboard but it didn't help at all.

Basically i'm trying to figure out other than the general display setting is there another option that should be enabled/disabled to improve the display on BC Xbox1 titles?

Around the Network

You posted this in the nintendo section

"Back off, man. I'm a scientist."

Your theories are the worst kind of popular tripe, your methods are sloppy, and your conclusions are highly questionable! You are a poor scientist. Especially if you think the moon landing was faked.

ioi + 1

damn my bad can a mod just move it or should i make a new one there since this will be locked?

I am pretty sure you are talking about lag created by your TV. The lag doesn't have anything to do with the 360. HDTV's generally have a 'game mode' option in their setup now. The picture quality goes down a bit, but it removes the lag created by the processing time of the TV.

Edit:  I had to use game mode when I was playing Zack and Wiki.  I was having the hardest time with the music box challenges until I remembered the HDTV creates lag and I turned on game mode.  Guitar Hero is able to be calibrated to compensate for lag created by HDTVs.

Tag: Hawk - Reluctant Dark Messiah (provided by fkusumot)

azrm2k said:
damn my bad can a mod just move it or should i make a new one there since this will be locked?

It should be fine since your not being malicious.

"Back off, man. I'm a scientist."

Your theories are the worst kind of popular tripe, your methods are sloppy, and your conclusions are highly questionable! You are a poor scientist. Especially if you think the moon landing was faked.

ioi + 1
Around the Network

I just realized, ooops, that you said it only happens on original games. Well, I'd still look into the game mode setting on the TV. But I've never heard of, or experienced lag on Halo 2 while playing on my 360.

Tag: Hawk - Reluctant Dark Messiah (provided by fkusumot)

What you can do as well. Is set the 360 to the native resolution of your HDTV. If you have a 720p HDTV, set the 360 resolution to 720p not 1080i.

Now Playing: Crysis 2

Last Finished: BulletStorm

Online IDs: PSN: computermaximus, XBL: computermaximus