By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - 9th gen console hopes

So although the first year of the 8th generation of consoles is over here are my top 3 hopes/expections of next gen hardware aka PS5,  xbox two, and next nintendo home console.

1. Native 1080p resolution and solid 60 fps or higher

2. No more unfinished/broken game releases. I'm looking at you ubisoft and EA

3. Evey console(PS5,XBOX TWO, Next Gen Nintendo) to bundle a stereo headset with all consoles no BS like the ps4 earphones 

What do you think and leave your top 3 hopes/expections for the 9th generation of video game consoles

Around the Network

Cpu and gpu build for 4k oled, 1080p Vr support.

1) I would hope that its more than 1080p 60fps loll cause by then, 4k would become very popular imo
2) If only that could happen but it never will

As for me

1) Less Micro-transactions
2) Online feature working during the launch of the game and not a month + later
3) No one year old remasters (personal gripe obviously)
4) Less emphasis on Cloud
5) Less giant ass patches
6) Backwards compatiblity

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Jizz_Beard_thePirate said:

1) I would hope that its more than 1080p 60fps loll cause by then, 4k would become very popular imo

4k will not ?

Dude sony given their tv movie and games are going 4k, theres little to no chance that their next console will not be build for 4k.  Especially even more so how important PS is to their overall sales strategy.  

Mikmster said:

4k will not ?

Dude sony given their tv movie and games are going 4k, theres little to no chance that their next console will not be build for 4k.  Especially even more so how important PS is to their overall sales strategy.  

Firstly, I don't get what ur responding to cause I said I would hope that its more than 1080p 60fps and 4k will become very popular so yea?

Secondly, Considering how the ps4 cant even do 1080p 60fps in most games in a time where virtually every gaming PC can do 1440p 60fps, I wouldn't be surprised if the ps5 wont be able to achieve 4k but we will see. If it does, great, if it doesn't please be more than 1080p

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Around the Network
Mikmster said:

4k will not ?

Firstly, I don't get what ur responding to cause I said I would hope that its more than 1080p 60fps and 4k will become very popular so yea?

Secondly, Considering how the ps4 cant even do 1080p 60fps in most games in a time where virtually every gaming PC can do 1440p 60fps, I wouldn't be surprised if the ps5 wont be able to achieve 4k but we will see. If it does, great, if it doesn't please be more than 1080p

PCs archieve higher performance dueto every single triple AAA game being a console port. If the pc would get real tripple AAA exclsuives like crysis was in 2007 you wouldnt archieve 1080p 60 frames at all.

And i really doubt every gaming pc can do 1440p, most people dont even have such a monitor. The ps4 is a fine machine that archievs almost all games in 1080p for 400$ thats less what a 1440p monitor will cost you.

waltz said

1. Native 1080p resolution and solid 60 fps or higher

All I want for the 9th gen, is youuuuuu~~~

Ruler said:

PCs archieve higher performance dueto every single triple AAA game being a console port. If the pc would get real tripple AAA exclsuives like crysis was in 2007 you wouldnt archieve 1080p 60 frames at all.

And i really doubt every gaming pc can do 1440p, most people dont even have such a monitor. The ps4 is a fine machine that archievs almost all games in 1080p for 400$ thats less what a 1440p monitor will cost you.

Well... We can achieve the higher performance even with mods included and not to mention, there are a large number of ports that aren't exactly PC optomized but still, PCs can still achieve higher performace and better visuals even due to the lack of console quality optomization

And the point I was trying to get across was that PC has had 1080p 60fps gaming for years now and most gaming PCs now a days are at the point of being able to achieve 60fps at 1440p. We are also at a point of where 4k is on the horizon yet the ps4 still can't even achieve 1080p 60fps. Not to say its not a fine machine but I expected more from it and based on it not being able to do that on so many games is a shame imo. Again, not trying to downplay the ps4, just saying that when the 9th generation comes around, I wouldn't be surprised if the ps5 can't achieve 4k native

As for me

1) Less Micro-transactions
2) Online feature working during the launch of the game and not a month + later
3) No one year old remasters (personal gripe obviously)
4) Less emphasis on Cloud
5) Less giant ass patches
6) Backwards compatiblity

Considering the simpler X86 "supercharged architecture at current, i guarentee they will stay with it so backwards compatibility is pretty much certain

-Goodbye age of HD remasters

Since the hardwardware won't be too different from this gen to the next (most likely just more power but not new architecture) devs will already have a good understanding of the hardware but will additionally have more power to play that they may have needed before. Addtionally they will be able to get started on games earlier before the consoles launch so expect stronger launch titles and no broken AAA games rushed to the first year christmas after launch

-Goodbye seige of broken ass games with more patches than cinderella's dress before she met Fairy god mother (however in Uncle Ben's words wiith great power... so games will mostlikely get more complex so i can't guarentee some games won't be broken as there's much more room for bugs)

With NVidia cooking up their 3d stacked ram with theorised 1TB/s (and gpu compute power set to sky rocket too) through put lated for 2016 and the next gen coming no sooner than 2018 we can reckon the consoles will incorperate it in some way so these things will be considerably more powerful than what we have now even at the highest end PC of today which can manage 1440p 60 fps so I reckon that will be the minimum an no more than 4k 60fps (if sony has caught the memo that making the PS4 more powerful at the sacrifice of intial pofit was woth it) But i don't doubt that 1080p 60fps+ for vr (two different render positions so i'm not overshooting fidelity) will be a reality and considering there are 2K displays on smartphones they can always upscale to that resolution like they do on current gen games today. 

Finally I'm sorry to say but micro tansactions are one of the main reasons the industry is growing so expect to see even more of them.
The cloud will be a thing but don't expect it to be so intrusive mostly just PS now for all devices not meant to appeal to the hard core but mass market, local compute will be around for the next gen, even phil spencer said so.

Dreamcast 2.

Nothing else matters