By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Vita in China Sales May Surpass PS4 In China

Will VChina (Vita in China) Sales Outpace PS4 China Sales?

Yes 37 29.84%

No 37 29.84%

Vita Means LIFE! 36 29.03%

See Results 14 11.29%

Total:124
mymuro said:
small44 said:
mymuro said:
small44 said:
no ps4 will sold at least the double of Vita there

Lol you have no clue about anything in China.

PSV will sell much better than PS4 given they are probably all region-locked.

psv has no games so it will fail simple as that

Most kids are not permitted to play video games by their parents(at least not more than 10 hours/week depends on your parents),  a handheld is perfect for bed/bus gaming without parents'/teachers' awareness.

If psv had a good support i could see it outselling ps4 but psv don't have it if a chinese will not buy a ps4 he will probably not buy a vita too

PS4 - over 100 millions let's say 120m
Xbox One - 70m
Wii U - 25m

Vita - 15m if it will not get Final Fantasy Kingdoms Heart and Monster Hunter 20m otherwise
3DS - 80m

Around the Network
CosmicSex said:
mymuro said:
FYI, PSP should be the best-selling of all consoles/handhelds in China. Gameboy family was pretty popular when I was a child but ppl in other provinces were much poorer than they are right now.

If PSV can get as many supports from Japan as it can and get jailbroken, its just a matter of time to match PSP sales number.

Very interesting.  I didn't know the PSP was that popular.  This sounds really positive for Vita then! :)

Oops, I forgot to mention a game - Monster Hunter. This is a big reason why quite a lot of PSP gamers have to get a 3DS aothough they f**king hate Nintendo.

CosmicSex said:
mymuro said:
FYI, PSP should be the best-selling of all consoles/handhelds in China. Gameboy family was pretty popular when I was a child but ppl in other provinces were much poorer than they are right now.

If PSV can get as many supports from Japan as it can and get jailbroken, its just a matter of time to match PSP sales number.

Very interesting.  I didn't know the PSP was that popular.  This sounds really positive for Vita then! :)

PSP was popular anywhere because it has a lot of support in first years not like Vita

Xbox One - 70m
Wii U - 25m

Vita - 15m if it will not get Final Fantasy Kingdoms Heart and Monster Hunter 20m otherwise
3DS - 80m

small44 said:
CosmicSex said:
mymuro said:

PSP was popular anywhere because it has a lot of support in first years not like Vita

Not the reason why it was that popular in China. It was jailbroken and we had volunteer teams to develope unofficial Chinese versions of games on top of jailbroken PSPs for us.

I think both will sell a lot. They're probably excited about the remote play feature so people might be buying both a Vita and a Ps4 specially since both are cheaper than buying an Xbox One with a Kinect.

Around the Network
mymuro said:
small44 said:
CosmicSex said:
mymuro said:

Not the reason why it was that popular in China. It was jailbroken and we had volunteer teams to develope unofficial Chinese versions of games on top of jailbroken PSPs for us.

The mix of those true causes.

Xbox One - 70m
Wii U - 25m

3DS - 80m

mymuro said:

This is what I got from JD. You missed two SKUs.

PSV = 1058 + 1253 + 4032 = 6343

PS4 = 1076 + 827 + 785 = 2688

Nevermind... it looks like we are both wrong.  The images without numbers for units sold are actually SOLD OUT.  Therefore, the PS4 may actually be far ahead, or tying the VITA 

Yeah... if the Vita had launched at the current price it might've been a different story elsewhere aswell.

I sure hope so!

CosmicSex said:
mymuro said:

This is what I got from JD. You missed two SKUs.

PSV = 1058 + 1253 + 4032 = 6343

PS4 = 1076 + 827 + 785 = 2688

Nevermind... it looks like we are both wrong.  The images without numbers for units sold are actually SOLD OUT.  Therefore, the PS4 may actually be far ahead, or tying the VITA 

Nope. Those without stock are  not for pre-orders. They will become available on release day.