By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Let's re-review Driveclub.

Tagged games:

I have played Driveclub in its current state and give it a...

10 26 7.72%

9.0+ 80 23.74%

8.0+ 67 19.88%

7.0+ 24 7.12%

6.0+ 12 3.56%

5.0+ 5 1.48%

4.0+ 2 0.59%

3.0+ 1 0.30%

2.0+ 26 7.72%

Results! 93 27.60%

Total:336
DonFerrari said:
PenguinZ said:

Have you played it or is reviewing from hearing?

Played it. I get bored with these types of racing games quite quickly, but I did find the graphics to be nice. 

Current gaming platforms - Switch, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Wii U, New 3DS, PC

Around the Network

Personally the weather wouldn't really bother me but the fix for proper online is a godsend I imagine. I would like to see more re-reviews for this game now that it has been patched a fair bit.

Delaying the PS+ version makes sense now as most people's first experience with the game will now be a much better experience and possible get more sales. I would guess if a lot of people had played DC in the state it was in for free they wouldn't go on to buy the full thing

BraLoD said:
Too much water... actually makes it looks even better! Take that IGN!

What is the deal with this IGN water thing I keep hearing people reference to?

BraLoD said:
MrChaos said:
BraLoD said:
Too much water... actually makes it looks even better! Take that IGN!

What is the deal with this IGN water thing I keep hearing people reference to?

They last review of Pokémon (OR/AS).
In the end they do a list of the good and bad points the game have in their opinion, and one of the bad points they described was "too much water".
So people started mocking them because of this as if they "took" the points off by such a ridiculous statement.

And then it became a meme.

This is why reviews are irrelevant.This is not the first time a reviewer named something like this as a con.I think it was IGN or Gt who said "too much shooting or enemies" for a game with shooting.

The results are easy to predict. There will be a group of people who rank it perfect. There will be a larger more reasonable group of people who rank it high (8 or 9). The second or third larger group of people will give it the lowest possible score. 

Around the Network
yvanjean said:

Delivering and collecting money for a broken and flawed product should not be accepted. 

The 360's Red Ring of Death would like to have a word with you...

I got DC at release. It started out as an 8/10 racer for me, wonderful tracks, beautiful lighting, only the early races and cars were a bit easy. Then I got to the Super and Hyper series and it became a 9/10 racer for me. The gameplay is fantastic.

With the recently added challenges and weather update I have to give it a 9.5 or 10 if you want a round number. Deserving for a game that can get me so addicted again after already having spend over 80 hours on it. (must be over 100 now) I'm currently #144 on the global leader board (if I haven't dropped down in the last few hours) and I'm itching to take on a few more challenges or make my own.

Driving on the Nordschleife in GT is still a favorite too (in GT6 I've driven over 3000km on the Nurburgring track variants combined, a lot more in GT5) But that's only 1 track, compared to a whole load of fresh awesome tracks in DC. Plus one does not simply boot up GT for a quick round of racing, DC's loading times are 15 sec max.

yvanjean said:
This got to be a joke thread.... They've delayed the game for almost a year, added weather effect in order to match competitor and weren't even able to deliver the weather system until after the game release.

The weather update was always announced that it was going to release after the game released. Not to mention the weather looks miles better than the competition.

Well if they fixed it, I hope reviewers who adjusted their score down or gave it a bad review for online problems, adjust their scores back up.

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

Easily 9.0+.

What a wonderful game! I'm glad to be an owner of such amazing piece of pure fun and beauty. It was a good game when it released, but now (with servers working, challenges up and running well, weather, free cars and tracks, free events, and lots of gameplay/menus tweaks) it's something very, very special.

Bet with Teeqoz for 2 weeks of avatar and sig control that Super Mario Odyssey would ship more than 7m on its first 2 months. The game shipped 9.07m, so I won