By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Two of the most disappointing things happened during PSX

So I loved the PSX show and many of the games they showed.  However I had to watch it later due to crappy internet out in the woods while hunting (well not actually during the hunt but when I was back at the camper).  The first really crappy thing happened when I was trying to get the 20th anniversary PS4 and I got to the checkout page and then clicked "pay with paypal" and it WOULDN'T LOAD!  I know I was well under the 2 hour mark they said they sold in (this was minutes after the tweet) and yeah I was gonna resell it but I'm a poor college student who could use $1,000-14,500 profit right now.

The second was even worse for me than many who were watching live.  I was trying to watch the stream on twitch on my phone but the 3g was crap out there and all I saw at one point was the still image of FF7 on stage.  I was reasonably thinking this was FF7 remastered at long last!  I got home expecting to see pangs of rejoice.  As I said the 3g was crap so I gave up on the stream after that still image wouldn't move (wasn't the first time).  I'm not even a FF fan but just like 15 finally being brought out of hell I was so happy for the fans that finally got their wish.  Then I found out about the trolling and felt sorry for buying Sleeping Dogs Definitive not long ago.  Inexusable.  For a few brief hours I lived in a world where gamer's #1 wish since 2005 had finally been fulfilled.  At least Valve is honest about HL3 not being developed...oh wait

So yeah a pretty crappy weekend that not even that EPIC looking Uncharted gameplay could compensate for.  Any of you guys pissed about either of these things as I heard the server issues with Sony were prevalent.

Get Your Portable ID!Lord of Ratchet and Clank

Duke of Playstation Plus

Warden of Platformers

Around the Network

The same things everyone has been complaining for days.

The biggest disappointments come from unreasonably high expectations.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

So glad I avoided both disappointments:
a) Never cared for or tried to buy that console
b) Had good internet connection while watching keynote live on Twitch.

Guess there are some advantages in staying at home instead of killing animals.

vivster said:

Yes, people expecting a full remake of FF VII did not think this through, the game is HUGE, not like today's games that have 60 hours of gameplay, those 50 - 60 hours are basically the main game, without counting most of the sidequests, the amount of real content is just unthinkable (each place and moment is unique)...

My guess is they lost the original data, from the which they could re-render the original 2D backdrops in true HD, replace the models with more modern looking characters/monsters... update many animations (however, most of the summons would make no sense at all in a more realistic looking context).

Having what is essentially the PC version running in 1080p on a console is probably the second best option, at least they are not just emulating the PS1 version! ... I just hope they take time to adjust a few aspects other than adding trophies, the mini games all had pretty bad controls :-/

Nope. I always come in with lower expectations and I was pleasantly surprised.

"Trick shot? The trick is NOT to get shot." - Lucian

Around the Network
vivster said:

did you...read what happened?  Haven't seen anyone with that story.  Also I didn't have high expectations.  Just that I could buy the thing when I wanted and I had no expectations for FF7 but when you see that logo it's pretty obvious what you're doing.  Or at least it should be.

Duke of Playstation Plus

Warden of Platformers

platformmaster918 said:

So I loved the PSX show and many of the games they showed.  However I had to watch it later due to crappy internet out in the woods while hunting (well not actually during the hunt but when I was back at the camper).  The first really crappy thing happened when I was trying to get the 20th anniversary PS4 and I got to the checkout page and then clicked "pay with paypal" and it WOULDN'T LOAD!  I know I was well under the 2 hour mark they said they sold in (this was minutes after the tweet) and yeah I was gonna resell it but I'm a poor college student who could use $1,000-14,500 profit right now.

The second was even worse for me than many who were watching live.  I was trying to watch the stream on twitch on my phone but the 3g was crap out there and all I saw at one point was the still image of FF7 on stage.  I was reasonably thinking this was FF7 remastered at long last!  I got home expecting to see pangs of rejoice.  As I said the 3g was crap so I gave up on the stream after that still image wouldn't move (wasn't the first time).  I'm not even a FF fan but just like 15 finally being brought out of hell I was so happy for the fans that finally got their wish.  Then I found out about the trolling and felt sorry for buying Sleeping Dogs Definitive not long ago.  Inexusable.  For a few brief hours I lived in a world where gamer's #1 wish since 2005 had finally been fulfilled.  At least Valve is honest about HL3 not being developed...oh wait

So yeah a pretty crappy weekend that not even that EPIC looking Uncharted gameplay could compensate for.  Any of you guys pissed about either of these things as I heard the server issues with Sony were prevalent.

So you are dissappointed becuase you couldn't get a console to scalp and rip off people who genuinely wanted the console?

Pathetic stuff, I am glad you didn't get one. 

Ok, I was expecting a FFVII remake, but I might understand it would take too much time ?!
I was also dreaming The Last Guardian announced for PS4, but maybe I was expecting too much :)

Overall I was satisfied, very happy !

”Every great dream begins with a dreamer. Always remember, you have within you the strength, the patience, and the passion to reach for the stars to change the world.”

Harriet Tubman.

S'okay, I never watched it, just read about the announcemnents.

Bet with Xander XT: 

I can beat more games on his 3DS than he can on my PSVita in a month. Loser has to buy the winner a game on his/her handheld Guess who won? http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=193531

Me!

maverick40 said:
platformmaster918 said:

So you are dissappointed becuase you couldn't get a console to scalp and rip off people who genuinely wanted the console?

Pathetic stuff, I am glad you didn't get one. 

yeah whatever.  Just focus on the second point if you must

Duke of Playstation Plus

Warden of Platformers