By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Delayed to May; CD Projekt Sends an Open Letter to Explain

Good! It was too close to The Order: 1886, which is getting priority from me.

Then in March it would have gotten buried under Bloodborne. PLUS FF TYPE-0 HD AND THE FFXV DEMO!!! :D Those are the most important of all. May is great, because it's still ahead of Batman: Arkham Knight, Until Dawn, and the rumoured MGSV releaste date.

Around the Network

But still understandable after this year's mess ups.

zarx said:
Disappointing but I am glad that they are financially secure enough to delay the game until it's ready. Both The Witcher 1 & 2 were rushed out the door and were pretty damn rough at launch. Making a game that rivals GTA V and Assassin's Creed unity in scale, detail and scope with a team a quarter the size must be hard.

Witcher 2 was delayed three times.

If it means no issues at launch I have no problem with them refining the game.

Suddenly the first half of 2014 actually has some thorough balance where 3rd parties are concerned.

Q1: Dying Light, Evolve, Battlefield, Final Fantasy Type 0
Q2: Witcher 3, Batman Arkham Knight, Metal Gear Solid

Around the Network

So many games to play right now, a small delay like this won't bother me much. I would rather play this masterpiece as a completed project than a rushed buggy mess.

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5643-2927-1984

Animal Crossing NH Dream Address: DA-1078-9916-3261

daredevil.shark said:
zarx said:
Disappointing but I am glad that they are financially secure enough to delay the game until it's ready. Both The Witcher 1 & 2 were rushed out the door and were pretty damn rough at launch. Making a game that rivals GTA V and Assassin's Creed unity in scale, detail and scope with a team a quarter the size must be hard.

Witcher 2 was delayed three times.

fingers crossed for a forth delay then

@TheVoxelman on twitter

Check out my hype threads: Cyberpunk, and The Witcher 3!

It is nice to see a studio who are willing to delay their game to fix bugs and issues that would otherwise make it broken at launch. Wish more people would learn from this *cough* Ubisoft *cough*,

That's okay, right before summer vacation.

Good to spread it out from the Order. Now I may buy Witcher at launch (May pun not intended).

Get Your Portable ID!Lord of Ratchet and Clank

Duke of Playstation Plus

Warden of Platformers