By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - [FORBES] 6 Crucial Changes The Game Industry (And Its Customers) Must Make In 2015

Wow

He is sooooooooooooooo right.

Around the Network

Good points but a few details would need some adressing....

These are not all that much more crucial than so many other things.

Smells like somebody's opinion.

I agree with most of his points except for pre-ordering. I say pre-order if it's a game that you can't wait for or you know may sell out fast. Pre-order was the only way that I even managed to get the Smash Bros. Wii U with the adapter and controller.

That was a damn good read. Glad I clicked on the thread.

Around the Network

First thing I am seeing from forbes that is game related and isn't complete horsshit.

Totally agree with everything said, I have even voiced some of these very views before on here.

Burek said:
Yes, I agree with the article.

One thing I find the worst --- digital preorders! Like the download will sell out.

If I decide to buy a game Day1, I simply buy it two days earlier to preload it and have it ready on release. But those games were only a select few, and after the disasterous launches in the past months, I decided to wait for reviews and user feedback prior to each purchase...
I mean, if I waited for a game 12-18 months, a few more days won't kill me...

digital is the one place pre-orders makes sense. 

my interest isn't slow but still,. a 50Gb game takes quite a long time to download.  with digital pre-orders the game starts downloading 4-5 days before launch day meaning i can play it as soon as it comes out instead of waiting 8 hours or whatever.

i almost never pre-order things but with digital my pre-ordering is on the rise.   last year i only pre-ordered destiny and lbp3.  after how awesome that experience went i'm going to pre-order the order 1886 and bloodborne for sure.

kitler53 said:
Burek said:
Yes, I agree with the article.

One thing I find the worst --- digital preorders! Like the download will sell out.

If I decide to buy a game Day1, I simply buy it two days earlier to preload it and have it ready on release. But those games were only a select few, and after the disasterous launches in the past months, I decided to wait for reviews and user feedback prior to each purchase...
I mean, if I waited for a game 12-18 months, a few more days won't kill me...

digital is the one place pre-orders makes sense. 

my interest isn't slow but still,. a 50Gb game takes quite a long time to download.  with digital pre-orders the game starts downloading 4-5 days before launch day meaning i can play it as soon as it comes out instead of waiting 8 hours or whatever.

i almost never pre-order things but with digital my pre-ordering is on the rise.   last year i only pre-ordered destiny and lbp3.  after how awesome that experience went i'm going to pre-order the order 1886 and bloodborne for sure.

No, you misread, I said I'd buy (preorder) a couple of days in advance. But it is ridiculous that right now you can preorder Uncharted 4 or Until Dawn (among others).

And I will continue to do so for games that I MUST HAVE day one. But I'll definitely wait for the questionable ones (Ubisoft, online-oriented, unproven developers etc...)