100k in China FW!!" news. Or have i been living..." /> 100k in China FW!!" news. Or have i been living..." /> 100k in China FW!!" news. Or have i been living..." /> 100k in China FW!!" news. Or have i been living..." />
By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - What happened with China?

Tagged games:

The X1 is too expensive there, hardly has games, and you can get it cheaper illegally.

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

Around the Network
MoHasanie said:
The X1 is too expensive there, hardly has games, and you can get it cheaper illegally.

is not illegally, but un officiall, there are two chinese teritory for imported product, Main land China and Free area like Hongkong and Taiwan. People from Mainland can buy the console from Hongkong or Taiwan, but with limited amount.

They'll probably reveat their numbers after they reach a decent number. If they had sold half million XBones, they would have said it by now.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

Well, China represents the dream that many multinational companies would like to make reality, but it's just hard as hell to accomplish.
Why fid this happen?
1. Size- China will be harder to reach as a market for Fortune 50 companies, the biggest of the big, than a xxx maller one, bc China's government is very protective. The best thing to do for large firms is to partner with a Chinese company, so that white people from America wont be making all the money

2. Counterfeit goods- another big issue that would be huge if the xb1 stays in china, though i dont see the console getting enough momentum to keep china as a market. Not to insult the chinese, but counterfeit goods are evrryehere in china. You would expect that the people who have a government that does industrial espionage for the benefit of chinese companies as well as the companies themselves being well known for counterfeit goods, to be more favorable towards that practice than say Americans.

I knew that it would never work. Perhaps Microsofts cloud solutions will fare better in china. Im sure it will