By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Which console will be the last the Xbox One overtakes?

Which console will be the last the Xbox One overtakes?

Sega Saturn - 9.5m 13 4.74%

Dreamcast - 10.6m 2 0.73%

Mast System/Megadrive - 14.8m 2 0.73%

Gamecube - 21.74m 5 1.82%

Xbox - 24m 18 6.57%

Atari 2600 - 30m 7 2.55%

Nintendo 64 - 32.93m 26 9.49%

Sega Genesis - 40m 50 18.25%

SNES - 49.10m 85 31.02%

NES - 61.91m 66 24.09%

Total:274

I went ahead and put NES. I think it will crawl past 60m sometime after the next xbox has been released.

Around the Network

I picked N64 but I meant Sega Genesis(the Mega Drive tricked me being compared to master system)

I hate when people can't take things serious. Like picking DreamCast and Master System... of course it will easily outsell those

lol, the first thing I thought was SNES and almost every says that, too.

I've gone with the NES. Simply because so many people these days go out and buy consoles I don't think hitting 60 million over the space of what....the next 6 or 7 years is that far fetched, even if its deemed somewhat a failure by that time.

You'd imagine it will easily clear 10 million by the end of 2014. If you think it will have a shelf life of at least 6 more years it should comfortably pass that mark by then.

PREDICTIONS FOR END OF 2015: (Made Jan 1st 2015)

PS4 - 34M - XB1 - 21m - WII U -12M

I'd say it will be somewhere near the NES, give or take a few million either way.

Around the Network

Funny some people's expectations for the x1 lifetime.... with the bad press ms got in the announcement faze and the high price, it still managed a solid first year. 8 mil in the first year, and if it never sells more, and remains at that level.for 5.years, it'll do 40 mil. No one should really think the x1 won't sell better next year, and the year after.... it should do 30 mil easily by the end of year 3. That's a low guess too... so I think it will easily pass the nes. Easily. Now, before someone comes in and stupidly brings up the ps4, no, it won't outsell the ps4. But it will sell.well, and I think it's going to compete with the ps4.

I said the SNES but it may well beat the N64.

I'm going with nes

PS4 - over 100 millions let's say 120m
Xbox One - 70m
Wii U - 25m

Vita - 15m if it will not get Final Fantasy Kingdoms Heart and Monster Hunter 20m otherwise
3DS - 80m

I think the XOne will finish around 45 Million so Sega Genesis, although I wouldn't be surprised if it passes the SNES.

The PS2. Couldn't find it in the poll so I randomly picked Atari.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.