By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Backwards compatibility and going forwards

Tagged games:

Short answer: PS Now.

Around the Network
pokoko said:
the_dengle said:
"Would it be safe to assume the next generation of consoles will be backwards compatible with the current?"

It would be much safer to assume that only Nintendo will provide true backwards-compatibility going forward. Especially since Sony is figuring out how to charge PS4 owners for the ability to play PS3 games on their new consoles.

You're assuming that Nintendo will go with the same type of processor again?  Interesting.

"It of course does not mean that we are going to use exactly the same architecture as Wii U, but we are going to create a system that can absorb the Wii U architecture adequately."

So, yes. I'm expecting something similar to the GameCube --> Wii transition.

I miss a Nintendo Console like N64 and GC. I loved both.
I would like Nintendo to release a new Console with Backwards compatibility by Nov 2016/2017, but powerful this time, with a GPU at least 3 times as powerful as PS4 GPU. And please Nintendo, develop some New IP, and focus more on 3rd party developers.

”Every great dream begins with a dreamer. Always remember, you have within you the strength, the patience, and the passion to reach for the stars to change the world.”

Harriet Tubman.

Burning Typhoon said:

"Would it be safe to assume the next generation of consoles will be backwards compatible with the current?"

No, it would be safe to assume no future console from any company will be backwards compatible ever again.

This way, they can sell you the same games you've already bought and played, all over again at full price.

#4ThePlayers