Dragon Age Inquisition - first week sales

0-1 million 14 28.57%

1-2 million 25 51.02%

2-3 million 6 12.24%

3-4 million 1 2.04%

More than 4 million 1 2.04%

See results 2 4.08%

Total:49

When the first Dragon Age came out I expected a great role playing game, and still it managed to blow my expectations out of the water with epic scale, engrossing atmosphere and awesome characters. I bought every piece of dlc for the game  and was hyped for the sequel.

Then Dragon Age 2 came out and failed to come close to the greatness of Dragon Age Origins.

Dragon Age 2 had many flaws, great and small such as characters moving cartoonly fast, weapons were cheap and meaningless, three acts that all needed more time, bland and small environments and limited environments.

Dragon Age Inquisition has on the PS4 a metacritic score of 89 and fixed all the big problems with Dragon Age 2. The pre-orders in America appear to average about 100k for each of the five platforms.

I expect the sales of Dragon Age Inquisitions for the first week to be three million all up.

What do you think?

This is the Game of Thrones

Where you either win

or you DIE

Around the Network

3 million? What are you smoking? It will be doing well to get 600K first week. 1 million week 1 would be amazing.

USA 200K PS4, 175K Xb one, 100K PC ~475K. Rest of world 125K.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

1.3mil over all 5, unknown PC downloads.

Hmm, pie.

I'd say it would be 1 to 2 million with all consoles combined. Let's just hope part 2 didn't leave a real bad taste in people's mouth to want to skip it.

I'll be surprised if it exceeds 2m physical. This isn't Elder Scrolls. It's still in stiff competition for gamer's money if not with other rpgs. DA2's reception will slow adoption a bit and software on the old sytems is really dropping off. Wish there were ddl numbers or even decent guesstimates. I hope I'm being conservative.

Two hours to go.

Around the Network

1-1.5m all combined (physical)

The One and Only

VizionEck.com

binary solo said:
3 million? What are you smoking? It will be doing well to get 600K first week. 1 million week 1 would be amazing.

Don't know what you're talking about do you?

You left out the PS3 and Xbox 360 in your numbers. The total pre-orders in America are higher than 475k.

About 30% of the sales that the past Dragon Age titles had come from outside America, and that percentage would likely be higher in the current market.

A 600k first week ould be absurdly low.

This is the Game of Thrones

Where you either win

or you DIE

800k-1.2m.

I'd say it reaches 1.5 - 2 million shipped across all platforms WW first week (500k in sales on PS4)

" Rebellion Against Tyrants Is Obedience To God"

SlayerRondo said:
binary solo said:

Don't know what you're talking about do you?

You left out the PS3 and Xbox 360 in your numbers. The total pre-orders in America are higher than 475k.

About 30% of the sales that the past Dragon Age titles had come from outside America, and that percentage would likely be higher in the current market.

A 600k first week ould be absurdly low.

Ahh you're right I forgot about PS360. In that case 1 million or slightly over.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix