By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Features you miss from Pokemon Gen I-V

burninmylight said:
I thought there was a move tutor in the original R/S? It's been seven years since I played, so I'll take your word for it. I knew the move tutor would be back, but what about gems? I really, really hope they return and can be traded to X/Y. That would improve my team by leaps and bounds.

Bulbapedia says that they were only in the Stadium games in Gen I, and only taught Surf to Pikachu. Only Crystal had them in Gen II, and taught Flamethrower/Ice Beam/Thunderbolt. The only move tutors that have existed in first games of a generation have been the Starter moves (like Blast Burn or Grass Pledge), and the Dragon move, Draco Meteor (plus the special moves for Keldeo and Meloetta).

Apparently the other gems are coded into X/Y, and even a Fairy Gem was created... so it's likely that either they'll be obtainable in ORAS, or they'll be made available on the Global Link.

Around the Network

i think the soar feature is here to stay.

Main thing I miss is walking Pokemon

Bets:

(Won)Bet with TechoHobbit: He(Techno) says 10 million by January 1,2014 I say 9 million by then. Winner gets 2 weeks of sig control.

(Lost)Bet with kinisking: I say Ps4 will win April NPD while he says Xbox One will win it; winner gets 1 week of avatar control.

Raichu's First Series:

First RPG?

First Fighter?

First Racer?

First Shooter?

First MMO?

First Horror?

Official Ni No Kuni Fanboy:

Familiars Captured:37

Game Beaten: 2 times almost

Times I got teary during some scenes: 3