By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - October 2014 NPD Thread!

chocoloco said:
I am not pleased with the mods strict stance on this data. Both GAF mods and VGChartz mods are being strict and annoying right now.

While normally I think the Mods do a great job on VGC especially considering all the the fools that video games seem to breed, I fully agree with you. This isn't sharing information that is harmful or illegal or upsetting. It's actually sharing leaked information. While yes, if the leaker says 'please keep this secret' then the person should keep it a secret. However it is not the right of the mods here to enforce the request of someone who did something foolish on a completely differnt website

Around the Network
CosmicSex said:
chocoloco said:

I do not know what you are talking about. She has proven notihng. I was not even aware she thought she could prove anything. This sounds like a conspiracy theory type belief.

Don't flatter yourself.  You go to Gaf for facts and data.  You come here for the commnity.  And there is nothing wrong with that. 

You are not making sense. You are putting words in my mouth.

chocoloco said:
CosmicSex said:
chocoloco said:

I do not know what you are talking about. She has proven notihng. I was not even aware she thought she could prove anything. This sounds like a conspiracy theory type belief.

Don't flatter yourself.  You go to Gaf for facts and data.  You come here for the commnity.  And there is nothing wrong with that. 

You are not making sense. You are putting words in my mouth.

Man, don't you understand that Aqua has a bone to pick with chartz? She has the data.  And more often than not, this site does not.  She (for whatever reason) has an issue with her data leaking on this site and it probably stems back to NeoGafs issue with ioi.  Now, as a leaker, I am not saying she should even practice discretion, but the point is that I don't see why people are so unsatisfied with our estimates here.  Data - like real dependable accurate data isn't what this site is about.   So I think people should suck it up and get off of her case.  She runs with Gaf.  I respect that.  

CosmicSex said:

Man, don't you understand that Aqua has a bone to pick with chartz? She has the data.  And more often than not, this site does not.  She (for whatever reason) has an issue with her data leaking on this site and it probably stems back to NeoGafs issue with ioi.  Now, as a leaker, I am not saying she should even practice discretion, but the point is that I don't see why people are so unsatisfied with our estimates here.  Data - like real dependable accurate data isn't what this site is about.   So I think people should suck it up and get off of her case.  She runs with Gaf.  I respect that.  

As far as I have read on GAF I have never seen a clear reason she does not want the Data discussed here. That is what annoys me the most. If I saw a well explained reason she wants it only on GAF that I could accept as a valid reason not to have NPD threads here then I would be happy to only discuss NPD on GAF. Without out seeing a properly and well explained reason it should not be discussed here, I do not see why VGC mods are protecting a Neogaf posters wishes. I can live without NPD data period though. Life would go on.
I am not satisfied with just speculating on why this poster thinks her leaks should only be discussed on GAF. The truth would be great, ,

chocoloco said:
CosmicSex said:

As far as I have read on GAF I have never seen a clear reason she does not want the Data discussed here. That is what annoys me the most. If I saw a well explained reason she wants it only on GAF that I could accept as a valid reason not to have NPD threads here then I would be happy to only discuss NPD on GAF. Without out seeing a properly and well explained reason it should not be discussed here, I do not see why VGC mods are protecting a Neogaf posters wishes. I can live without NPD data period though. Life would go on.
I am not satisfied with just speculating on why this poster thinks her leaks should only be discussed on GAF. The truth would be great, ,

Basically as I understand it, ioi was on Gaf but was banned when the Micorosoft proved that his numbers were wrong.  A few years ago, he said that the 360 had sold more than it had even shipped.  When the data was revealed, he was banned.  Gaf bans people if they post false info.   Ever since then, they don't like to see their numbers leaked to this site because of the false info that was passed to them on Gaf.  

Around the Network

Now those MS deals and price cut makes perfect sense to me. Don't get me wrong. Those are amazing deals from MS. But to have so many good deals and attractive bundle at the same time, it must have been because something were far from what they expected.

riecsou said:
Now those MS deals and price cut makes perfect sense to me. Don't get me wrong. Those are amazing deals from MS. But to have so many good deals and attractive bundle at the same time, it must have been because something were far from what they expected.

so what do they do if they lose November? 

CosmicSex said:
chocoloco said:
CosmicSex said:

Basically as I understand it, ioi was on Gaf but was banned when the Micorosoft proved that his numbers were wrong.  A few years ago, he said that the 360 had sold more than it had even shipped.  When the data was revealed, he was banned.  Gaf bans people if they post false info.   Ever since then, they don't like to see their numbers leaked to this site because of the false info that was passed to them on Gaf.  

Boo hoo.

The story only gets more petty as time goes on.

Lets go Xbox !

Aj_habfan said:

Boo hoo.

The story only gets more petty as time goes on.

Which part is petty.  The one where people pay for incorrect incformation, or the one where people get tired of being lied to.  I would say both.  This is the internet.  You get what you get.  And no one, not even chartz, is entitled to accurate info they didn't pay for.