By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - October 2014 NPD Thread!

Deeds said:

Oh so that's why the numbers were being withheld? PS4 and XBO sales plummeted while Wii U jumped YOY? So when the Wii U outsells both will "they" blow up NPD headquarters? LMAO.

Nintendo usually says their number, Sony almost never say anything besides "won the month" but never numbers, MS says it in a way that is favourable... now for GAF leaks, it didn't happened because the 2 leakers that gave clearer info were out because of ban or fear.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Around the Network
Seece said:
Deeds said:

Oh so that's why the numbers were being withheld? PS4 and XBO sales plummeted while Wii U jumped YOY? So when the Wii U outsells both will "they" blow up NPD headquarters? LMAO.

That won't ever happen.

Even with XB1 and PS4 tanking they outsold the WiiU X2.5/X3.

Kekekekeke. For your own mental health, always keep an open mind (and a bunch of anti-depressants nearby) and never say never. :p

DonFerrari said:
Seece said:
DonFerrari said:

Aquamarine is the preffered leaker aint her? And for her to focus on MS PR then it would mean at least for me that it dropped harder... maybe when she get unbanned we get better info.

Huh? You're just assuming there, Mirosot PR was far more auge than Sony's, that's where the especially comes from.

Whereas Harker, another leaker, has said te XB1 performed a handful better than PS4 % drop wise.

Don't remember Harker from last month or any prior... as I said to jlmurphy2 it could be so, and there isn't much point in discussing pr spin (well Sony haven't give numbers or much for most months even when doing good, the most we got was "sold double" or "sold more than all" and from 11 months we got 2 boasts and 9 hollow... while MS always spinned to look better). But as I said MS could had a smaller drop considering the circunstances (what would do more "damage"... month after new SKU white bundle or 1/2 weeks of announced price drop)

It doesn't matter if you don't remember them. They have to be verified by Neogaf mods to talk about NPD numbers.

Deeds said:
Seece said:
Deeds said:

That won't ever happen.

Kekekekeke. For your own mental health, always keep an open mind (and a bunch of anti-depressants nearby) and never say never. :p

Or instead use logic and history?

Deeds said:
Seece said:
Deeds said:

That won't ever happen.

Wii U will never win an NPD. Ever.

Around the Network
DonFerrari said:
Deeds said:

Nintendo usually says their number, Sony almost never say anything besides "won the month" but never numbers, MS says it in a way that is favourable... now for GAF leaks, it didn't happened because the 2 leakers that gave clearer info were out because of ban or fear.

I'll make a bold prediction, when the Wii U outsells the PS4 and Xbox One NPD will be [completely and utterly opaque]. Not even software sales will be shown. Nothing, zip, nada. lol

jlmurph2 said:
DonFerrari said:
Seece said:

Huh? You're just assuming there, Mirosot PR was far more auge than Sony's, that's where the especially comes from.

Whereas Harker, another leaker, has said te XB1 performed a handful better than PS4 % drop wise.

Don't remember Harker from last month or any prior... as I said to jlmurphy2 it could be so, and there isn't much point in discussing pr spin (well Sony haven't give numbers or much for most months even when doing good, the most we got was "sold double" or "sold more than all" and from 11 months we got 2 boasts and 9 hollow... while MS always spinned to look better). But as I said MS could had a smaller drop considering the circunstances (what would do more "damage"... month after new SKU white bundle or 1/2 weeks of announced price drop)

It doesn't matter if you don't remember them. They have to be verified by Neogaf mods to talk about NPD numbers.

I can't comment on what I don't remember, but I agree on to KEEP talking on numbers you need to be verified... so since it's the first time I can't be sure. But I have no problem believing what he said is true. We will know soon enough, hopefully.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

I've seen this play out before. LMAO. I remember the days when people said the Wii would never outsell the Xbox 360's year headstart much less the PS3 and then when the Wii began killing everything, M-create threads on GAF only went to two pages. Hahahahahahahahaha. Is that going to happen here too. Time will tell.

Deeds said:

I've seen this play out before. LMAO. I remember the days when people said the Wii would never outsell the Xbox 360's year headstart much less the PS3 and then when the Wii began killing everything, M-create threads on GAF only went to two pages. Hahahahahahahahaha. Is that going to happen here too. Time will tell.

No, it isn't. Wii was killing it out of the gate, we're coming up to its second anniversary and WiiU will barely hit 10m when PS4 and XB1 have done it in less than a year.

There will be no magical rebirth for WiiU sales.

Deeds said:

Wii U has been out for 2 years. Sold 7 million. There is no killing coming for Wii U