By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Dragon Age Inquisition Telegraph review

Was that a good review

No 5 55.56%

Yes 1 11.11%

See Results 3 33.33%

Total:9

This thread exist to critique the review of Dragon Age Inquisition by the Telegraph

They gave dragon age inquisition a 6/10 and the reasons they gave bothered me

Many of the things they accuse Dragon Age Inquisition of are the kind of things you find considerably more rampart in Fable 2 (a great game) like being the chosen one or fetch quest, which they game a PERFECT Score of 10/10.

They also chide Dragon Age Inquisition's political intrugue saying, and I am quoting word for word "you seldom feel embroiled in anything approaching A Game of Thrones levels of intrigue" which covers exactly 100% of video games in existence.

Yes they have a right to an opinion, as do I, which is that there review system is both non-sense and inconsistent in a way that should warrant banning from metacritic.

Thoughts?

This is the Game of Thrones

Where you either win

or you DIE

Around the Network

So they compare a episodic TV series about boobs and murdering to a video game?

Don't worry, they aren't the main word on video games reviews, the best thing to do is take note of the actual reviewer. Find more of their work and see if they are consistant. Maybe they are overly critical of writing in games, when a lot of the 'fun' is the gameplay only. We all know sometimes the writing in games isn't the most epic award winning master pieces (Yes, I'm talking about Capcom).

Hmm, pie.

If they knew what's good, they wouldn't be running a newspaper.

BTW here is the link
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/technology/video-games/video-game-reviews/11221041/Dragon-Age-Inquisition-review.html

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

The Fury said:

Don't worry, they aren't the main word on video games reviews, the best thing to do is take note of the actual reviewer. Find more of their work and see if they are consistant. Maybe they are overly critical of writing in games, when a lot of the 'fun' is the gameplay only. We all know sometimes the writing in games isn't the most epic award winning master pieces (Yes, I'm talking about Capcom).

An episodic tv series based on one of the most highly regarded fantasy series ever written to boot...  You might be right about their standards.  I still don't think its fair to compare videogame storylines to novels.  Videogames just aren't there yet.

Xeon said:
The Fury said:

An episodic tv series based on one of the most highly regarded fantasy series ever written to boot...  You might be right about their standards.  I still don't think its fair to compare videogame storylines to novels.  Videogames just aren't there yet.

The problem with video game writing is that they still have to incorporate it into gameplay. I'm sure many video games are created by coming up with the gameplay first then the story to fit it, while all other entertainment mediums that have stories in them, it's the story first. But it's the same for anything, for every 30 nonsense stories you'll get one or 2 awesome ones, this is the same for any type of entertainment. You are right, it's unfair of them to compare it to an award winning novel series, when it clearly isn't going for that.

Hmm, pie.