By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - How Early does one need to go out to snag games on Black Friday?

Wednesday.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Around the Network
DD_Bwest said:
dont people start lining up after they eat thanksgiving dinner? lol

Haha, last year there was a family around here who rented an RV and parked right in front of the mall on Thanksgiving morning. They brought the entire Thanksgiving dinner, turkey and all, to the RV in the parking lot. Naturally they were the first ones in the door at opening lol. 

OT: To the OP, you need to get there early, REALLY early. Target sells more than games so you will need to be there even earlier for their sales. Most retailers have online deals as well, so I would shop there if I were you. As for stock, the big AAA games like Destiny will not run out of stock. If you are trying to get an older game though, you may run into issues there. It also depends on the retailer. 

Well, just like last year, a lot of stores will be starting their Black Friday sales at about 9-10pm on Thursday. When I was driving home from my mom's house last year for Thanksgiving dinner, I saw that my local Super Target's parking lot was already packed with cars. Just order online and save yourself the potential trampling.

I am the Playstation Avenger.

In my experience at Best Buy, no discounted game has sold out. I noticed there were plenty of the CoDs, ACs and such games on sale, when I would go early the next day. Only console bundles tend to sell out except it wasn't the case last year.

e=mc^2

Gaming on: PS4 Pro, Switch, SNES Mini, Wii U, PC (i5-7400, GTX 1060)

Target had a security breach for ppl who used their cards. Use money with Target. My sister had credit card fraud behind that. I wouldn't shop there but be careful anyhow you do BF tho

Around the Network
adriane23 said:
Well, just like last year, a lot of stores will be starting their Black Friday sales at about 9-10pm on Thursday. When I was driving home from my mom's house last year for Thanksgiving dinner, I saw that my local Super Target's parking lot was already packed with cars. Just order online and save yourself the potential trampling.

This year, Target and JCP are opening at 6 PM. It's ridiculous.

MonkeyDLuffy said:
adriane23 said:

This year, Target and JCP are opening at 6 PM. It's ridiculous.

Seriously!? I guess people will be having Thanksgiving in their cars.

I am the Playstation Avenger.