By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - How Early does one need to go out to snag games on Black Friday?

So I was looking at Target's ad and saw SoM for $25.  If Amazon doesn't match that price (which they may) I was planning on going out for at least that on Black Friday (as well as for other people's stuff so I'll be out anyway).  My question is do I need to go out super early to get games on Black Friday?  Do stores normally carry ample stock for their deals?  I'm normally more of an online shopper except for cloths and such and I've never gone out seriously on Black Friday for games.  So are we talking midnight or early in the morning or what is the normal supply and demand situation gaming wise?

Get Your Portable ID!Lord of Ratchet and Clank

Duke of Playstation Plus

Warden of Platformers

Around the Network

From my experience, u gotta camp out like a day before the deals go live! Camp outside the store that is

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

You should be fine if you show up 3-4 hours before they open. But, if you don't mind going online to buy, almost all retailers are offering some of their specials through their website too.

It is near the end of the end....

dont people start lining up after they eat thanksgiving dinner? lol

I am Torgo, I take care of the place while the master is away.

"Hes the clown that makes the dark side fun.. Torgo!"

Ha.. i won my bet, but i wasnt around to gloat because im on a better forum!  See ya guys on Viz

Landguy said:
You should be fine if you show up 3-4 hours before they open. But, if you don't mind going online to buy, almost all retailers are offering some of their specials through their website too.

Yeah online is usually the way to go.  As I said I've never actually gone out for games before and if I have to go out like forever before the store opens then that's not worth either waiting or saving 10 bucks lol.  Just thought it might be my first stop before hitting the stores for others.

Duke of Playstation Plus

Warden of Platformers

Around the Network

Last year target had all its deals online... So just stay home and get it that way...

DD_Bwest said:
dont people start lining up after they eat thanksgiving dinner? lol

yeah not doing that lol.  I'll try my luck on Amazon if that's what it takes I usually find some outstanding deals then.

Duke of Playstation Plus

Warden of Platformers

Black Friday is dead, man. They killed it when they moved it to midnight, because that opened the floodgates and now it starts in the middle of the day on Thanksgiving. It's totally pointless now. Just go for online deals.

And for what it's worth, I never had to line up early to get video game deals. We used to stay up partying all night and then go out at like 5 am and all the places with game deals still had plenty of stock. It's just the tvs and such that have a real limited amount and need to be camped out for.

Games, you shouldn't have to rush for. The rush is only for big ticket items.

MonkeyDLuffy said:
Black Friday is dead, man. They killed it when they moved it to midnight, because that opened the floodgates and now it starts in the middle of the day on Thanksgiving. It's totally pointless now. Just go for online deals.

And for what it's worth, I never had to line up early to get video game deals. We used to stay up partying all night and then go out at like 5 am and all the places with game deals still had plenty of stock. It's just the tvs and such that have a real limited amount and need to be camped out for.

ah excellent thank you.  And yes I agree it sucks they even started moving it to the PM of Thanksgiving now.  I enjoy the zoo once a year though I normally go for cloths for my sister and mom for Christmas

Duke of Playstation Plus

Warden of Platformers