By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Amazon US Monthly bestsellers tracking thread November - Updated 29/11 - GTAV bundle in at 17

Dr.Henry_Killinger said:

LOL....

Around the Network
NobleTeam360 said:
Is Amazon even selling the Vanilla Xbox One anymore? Because I don't see it being offered for sale by them.

not any more
2 days ago they said backordered for 15th novmber.

but right now, its gone completely like the so bundle
and thats the reason, why i dont belive the asscreed bundle will drop like the call of duty one. but im not sure if it can stay ahead of the plain ps4 sku

I say create more SO bundles for Black Friday is what I'd do

Shadow1980 said:
The XBO is still doing quite well and will obviously win for the first two weeks of this month, but the PS4 is slowly catching up. As I thought, COD, the MCC, and the $50 price cut will provide solid boosts for the first half of the month, but I think the PS4 could surge back ahead for the latter half of the month. If Sony offers some really good Black Friday, the PS4 could still come out on top. It is worth pointing out that while the XBO has never been actually cheaper, it was technically cheaper when the Titanfall bundle came out, yet even then it didn't beat the PS4 in March NPD. As of this point, there's no way of telling how much of the boost in XBO sales is due to COD and the MCC and how much is due to the price cut.

I think this could be a very close month, and the XBO as of this moment seems like it has a better shot of winning November than the PS4. But if the PS4 wins December, then it would be clear that software, not the price cut, was the deciding factor, and that even at a lower price point it lost too much momentum to sustain a lead without further boosts from big games. It'll be interesting to see the proportional difference between the two in December. If the PS4-to-XBO ratio is narrower than in months prior to the XBO's price drop (or the XBO somehow still wins), then we can say that the price cut did still help.

imho xbox one will win the thrid week too, if the rumored ps4 bundles wont be released next week.
its still the most stupid thing i can think of.

if u have a gtaV bundle, release it the day that game come out.
not 1 1/2 week later

if they have a gtaV and farcry 4 bundle out on the 18th, they can win week 3 of november in the us. if the dont, they wont. 100% no chance imho.
no idea about black firday week right now. both can win

edit: because sony has different companies for na, europe an japan, i can see this happen.
but its still dumb

There are three versions of Xbox One CoD, all of which are in the top ten this month (CoD: AW Day Zero | CoD: AW | CoD: AW XB1 Bundle

Around the Network
Shadow1980 said:
The XBO is still doing quite well and will obviously win for the first two weeks of this month, but the PS4 is slowly catching up. As I thought, COD, the MCC, and the $50 price cut will provide solid boosts for the first half of the month, but I think the PS4 could surge back ahead for the latter half of the month. If Sony offers some really good Black Friday, the PS4 could still come out on top. It is worth pointing out that while the XBO has never been actually cheaper, it was technically cheaper when the Titanfall bundle came out, yet even then it didn't beat the PS4 in March NPD. As of this point, there's no way of telling how much of the boost in XBO sales is due to COD and the MCC and how much is due to the price cut.

I think this could be a very close month, and the XBO as of this moment seems like it has a better shot of winning November than the PS4. But if the PS4 wins December, then it would be clear that software, not the price cut, was the deciding factor, and that even at a lower price point it lost too much momentum to sustain a lead without further boosts from big games. It'll be interesting to see the proportional difference between the two in December. If the PS4-to-XBO ratio is narrower than in months prior to the XBO's price drop (or the XBO somehow still wins), then we can say that the price cut did still help.

Xbox One has only 1 bundle with $349 price cut on Amazon and it's on top 10 still.

All the other ones are either sold out or hindered due to pre-load problems(COD).

Goatseye said:
Shadow1980 said:

Xbox One has only 1 bundle with $349 price cut on Amazon and it's on top 10 still.

All the other ones are either sold out or hindered due to pre-load problems(COD).

Yeah, wondering if they are going to get the regular Xbox back in stock sometime... And the SO version is becoming rarer

So, based on how things are going, still pretty confident that the Xbox One is going to pull the NPD victory for November, though the PS4 still has a chance if those bundles hit HARD come Black Friday, and/or the Unity bundle sales drop off a cliff post-release.

December, however, could be another beast altogether. Between Sony's own bundles- momentum of which might carry over from late November more so than Microsoft's early November stuff- the Playstation Experience- which, depending on what gets announced, could generate a great deal of positive buzz- and the PS4's sales momentum advantage, I'd actually give them a fairly solid edge.

Which leads to a question; what will happen, in terms of Microsoft's PR approach, if they win November, and then lose December?

I mean, there was that narrative awhile back about 'Well, those first eight to ten months aren't important, it's all about the holidays!' Technically, if you were motivated to bluff hard, you could insist that this pretty much just means November and December.

Now, if Microsoft wins November, signalling the first time since last year that they've been at LEAST able to successfully 'win' in their strongest market, then a ticket tape parade, victory tweet, triumphant Major Nelson blog post, all are possibilities, as it will be seen as an opportunity to generate positive buzz of their own and say 'See, guys, Sony isn't beating us THAT brutally! >.> ' The only reason I can think of them NOT doing any of the above is because of Part Two of my little hypothetical scenario...

...in which, should they then lose December, the more volume, bluster and boasting goes into announcing the November win, the louder the silence is going to echo if they go back to their previous shyness for the December loss. And since December does fall under the category of 'important month,' I just wonder if Microsoft's going to simply ignore the issue, move goalposts, or maybe even congratulate Sony on their victory for that month to acknowledge that they aren't ignoring it.

Zanten, Doer Of The Things

Unless He Forgets In Which Case Zanten, Forgetter Of The Things

Or He Procrascinates, In Which Case Zanten, Doer Of The Things Later

Or It Involves Moving Furniture, in Which Case Zanten, F*** You.

I believe if MS supplies retailers with enough Xboxes at the current/Black Friday prices, it will remain on the top for the rest of the year.

Look at BestBuy bestselling list for example. They ran out of Sunset bundle but the other Xboxes still remain strong on their top15.

Goatseye said:

I believe if MS supplies retailers with enough Xboxes at the current/Black Friday prices, it will remain on the top for the rest of the year.

Look at BestBuy bestselling list for example. They ran out of Sunset bundle but the other Xboxes still remain strong on their top15.

They better get those 5 million xboxs back from china ASAP! 

EDIT: When will the AC X1 bundle be at it's peak? Today as in the day before release or tomorrow as in the day of release? People saying it will drop hard but when will that drop be?