By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Predict XB1 US Sales! XB1 outselling PS4 OVER 3:1 on Amazon US! Sunset Bundle up 11,000%, 5 XB1 Skus in Top 40 Vs 1 PS4

Predict US Sales for Week Ending 8th

0 - 50k BOMBA 117 20.78%

51k - 100k 70 12.43%

101k - 150k 67 11.90%

151k - 200k 62 11.01%

201k - 250k 52 9.24%

251k - 300k 37 6.57%

301k - 350k 22 3.91%

351k+ INSANITY 134 23.80%

Total:561
SweetTalia said:
Nate4Drake said:
Just my forecast : PS4 will win also Nov NPD.

ps4 has had incredible momentum hence it winning every npd this year but currently right now. it's realy doubtful that ps4 will win november,, just by looking at some major retailers bestsellers

We will see when Nov NPD figures will be available.

”Every great dream begins with a dreamer. Always remember, you have within you the strength, the patience, and the passion to reach for the stars to change the world.”

Harriet Tubman.

Around the Network

To add to Kahn's post, I really would like some DECENT discussion here.

Nobody can deny this is an interesting turn of events for XB1 on Amazon.

Seece said:

How much do you think MS shipped??

jlmurph2 said:
Seece said:

How much do you think MS shipped??

A crap load, MS are good at shipping lots of XB1's lol

I added a poll!!

Ssenkahdavic said:

Competition is good for the industy,   it's now your turn Nintendo. 

Amazon doesn't carry much Wii U hardware, and still only carry the old bundles and overpriced, or they come from outside sellers listed. They also don't carry eShop gift cards. I think this ties back to a bit of a run-in they had with Nintendo over the OG3DS returns program.

So not much of a barometric measure, especially not when I think everyone already knows they can get the unit for 200-250$ with refurbs or BestBuy/NewEgg/Target/Walmart deals.

Around the Network

Predict XB1 sales week ending 8th!

2nd - AC Unity, AC Unity Kinect, Sunset Overdrive White (again) consoles all released
3rd - COD, COD bundle released

6/7 days of mega sales.

Seece said:

One thing I am curious of, are they pulling, effectively, a Sony on PS3? As in, I wonder how heavy the losses are they are sucking up on per-unit sales and lost software throughput to build up the install base and rebuild their image. I know the PS4, with its better hardware, is razor edge model on sales for hardware even at its current price point, I wonder how (if) negative the X1s are going to be for Microsoft.

I doubt its to the level of PS3 (>200$ lost per console) but its probably high.

Vena said:
Seece said:

One thing I am curious of, are they pulling, effectively, a Sony on PS3? As in, I wonder how heavy the losses are they are sucking up on per-unit sales and lost software throughput to build up the install base and rebuild their image. I know the PS4, with its better hardware, is razor edge model on sales for hardware even at its current price point, I wonder how (if) negative the X1s are going to be for Microsoft.

I doubt its to the level of PS3 (>200$ lost per console) but its probably high.

They said they made a profit at $499 with Kinect. I've heard Kinect costs $70? So have to assume the $399 was making a slight loss, but at $349 it's break even bigger. ($70~)

Then factor in the free game, they're losing about $30 there.

So $100~ in total would be my guess.

$100 x 3m = $300m loss (for US shipements anyway) this holiday.

Considering the Xbox division made $400m last Q, I don't think MS need to worry.

Seece said:

That was around my guess on the per console sale loss, and they have the pockets to survive it.

Vena said:
Seece said:

That was around my guess on the per console sale loss, and they have the pockets to survive it.

They also sell enough Xbox Live and software to survive it.