By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Wii 2/HD Speculation Thread

Hmmm, good question. IGN recently posted something interesting regarding this very subject. Check out the vid:

http://media.gear.ign.com/articles/855/855511/vids_1.html

Really awesome and well worth a look!

Nintendo Network ID: Cheebee   3DS Code: 2320 - 6113 - 9046

Around the Network
LordTheNightKnight said:
11ht11 said:
kingofwale said:
^^ graphical power might not be the MAIN reason why N64 and GC failed, but the fact is, they failed. and Wii won, big time.

I see Nintendo focusing on what is working and change almost nothing.

Higher graphical power will force Nintendo to increase WII2's price and I just don't see that happening at all.

I see Nintendo making a barely HD console next time, probably 720P and close to 360's graphical power.

how do you know it wasnt the wii controls that people liked?

and ive seen your post before and your very anti-wii

Apparently that was just trolling. In this case king's apparently being a realist.

If the next system can be more powerful than the PS3 and 360, but cost less than $200 to make, Nintendo would make it that powerful, but no more.

You hit the nail on the head. Nintendo will make a general price point that is in line with their audience, and release said console with whatever graphical upgrades can garner them a profit from day one. As far as the controller, i'll say they'll keep the base(Wiimote) generally the same, because they shaped it like a remote purposely. I can see something new coming in as an attachment instead of the nunchuck.

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.

LordTheNightKnight said:
11ht11 said:
kingofwale said:
^^ graphical power might not be the MAIN reason why N64 and GC failed, but the fact is, they failed. and Wii won, big time.

I see Nintendo focusing on what is working and change almost nothing.

Higher graphical power will force Nintendo to increase WII2's price and I just don't see that happening at all.

I see Nintendo making a barely HD console next time, probably 720P and close to 360's graphical power.

how do you know it wasnt the wii controls that people liked?

and ive seen your post before and your very anti-wii

Apparently that was just trolling. In this case king's apparently being a realist.

If the next system can be more powerful than the PS3 and 360, but cost less than $200 to make, Nintendo would make it that powerful, but no more.

My every post has a purpose, I don't have time to troll against any company as I'm not getting paid to do so. I agree with some people here. If NIntendo can put a package together with STRONG graphical power and motion sensor for under 150 (cost price), then they will do it. Otherwise, graphical power is first to get cut.

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)
Cheebee said:
Hmmm, good question. IGN recently posted something interesting regarding this very subject. Check out the vid:

http://media.gear.ign.com/articles/855/855511/vids_1.html

Really awesome and well worth a look!

It appears to be like the PSeye, but the PSeye does 120fps i think and that one does 60fps.  This was what i posted in that other wii thread about what i think wii2 will be.

"Whatever they can make for $200 and sell for $250 is what they will make. I would imagine some sort of system around the same strength as the PS3. But better in some area's due to cheap prices and worse in others. I would like to hope for something along the lines of Home for online with mii's. I also think they will use advanced wii-mote technology with the PSeye to make more immersion in there games."

The_vagabond7 said:
Well the N64 was black, and the GC was purple, but the wii is kind of white and grey and that seems to be working, so the next one will definately be white and/or grey.

you're a funny guy lol.

Around the Network

I'm willing to take a week ban betting if Wii2 only comes in 1 colour, it's going to be White.

:P, Who else wants in on this?

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)

all 3 consoles will have motion/ir controls next gen...no telling yet which will have the best in terms of that...any of the 3 could do it

Bets:Missed by 420k I bet leo-j vg$500 that wii will sell 31 million by 7/31/08.  Sorry, I don't think he has enough vg$ to make it with all of u that wish you could. Hit, with room to spare I bet kingofwale a 1-week ban that wii Americas ltd sales>360 Americas ltd sales as of the numbers for week ending 7/05/08 (using vgchartz homepage #s)

Predictions:

Wii will sell 18-20mil by 12/31/07  CHECKWii will sell 45mil+ WW by 12/31/08Wii will surpass PS2 sales WW by 11/17/11 (5yr anniversary)Wii Fit will hit 12mil sales in 2009MKWii+SSBB+Wii Fit+SMG > 50 mil sales by 2010 > gta4+mgs+gt5+ff13+haze+lbp

Well, if Nintendo continues it's current trend, it probably will barely pass the 720p barrier. But then again, in 3 years EVERYTHING will be HD, and HD components will be so much cheaper.

I mean considering the possible technologies, and prices of the those technologies, it'd probably real easy to beat the power of the PS3, but Nintendo apparently doesn't care, they just want money.

I say HD support has already ben confirmed for the next wii, also probally a controller where we dont have one or if we do it is in the form of something that is able to change shape.

"Like you know"

Username2324 said:
Well, if Nintendo continues it's current trend, it probably will barely pass the 720p barrier. But then again, in 3 years EVERYTHING will be HD, and HD components will be so much cheaper.

I mean considering the possible technologies, and prices of the those technologies, it'd probably real easy to beat the power of the PS3, but Nintendo apparently doesn't care, they just want money.

Barely pass the 720p barrier? Heh, the Wii currently can produce 720p and I think possibly as high as 1080i. Unless Nintendo makes the next system weaker hardware wise it will be well beyond 720p. The power differnce between the GC and Wii is often underestimated.

Starcraft 2 ID: Gnizmo 229