By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - When will Wii see a price cut?

When new president will be in office.

Around the Network

Magnific0 said:
They just might go for the record of the first and only console that never had a price cut in its lifetime.

I hope you're kidding ;) It doesn't make sense because at some point, market saturation at a certain price will kick in. The number of people in this world is finite, and some just don't want to get a Wii for the current price.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

It will porbably be middle to late next year

Predictions:Sales of Wii Fit will surpass the combined sales of the Grand Theft Auto franchiseLifetime sales of Wii will surpass the combined sales of the entire Playstation family of consoles by 12/31/2015 Wii hardware sales will surpass the total hardware sales of the PS2 by 12/31/2010 Wii will have 50% marketshare or more by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  It was a little over 48% only)Wii will surpass 45 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  Nintendo Financials showed it fell slightly short of 45 million shipped by end of 2008)Wii will surpass 80 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2009 (I was wrong!! Wii didn't even get to 70 Million)

Around the Network
ZenfoldorVGI said:
kingofwale said:
when they can't even produce enough, price cut is the last thing they think about

Use that extra profit that would otherwise be lost through price-out, and put them into "production line"

I swear to god, Nintendo can never produce enough of anything.

Nintendo is producing more than anyone else. They can't produce enough of anything because their product is very popular, not because they somehow have lesser production capacities than other companies, or because their executives are inept. They are simply at the maximum limit of production that efficiency will allow, given their current facilities. Far more units per month than say, Sony or Microsoft have produced this or any generation.

They should produce more discs if anything. G'damn.

Nothing's cheaper than something free.

F1 vs FOTA, when too much power is in couple peoples hands.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Winter 09

End of 2009 Predictions (Set, January 1st 2009)

Wii- 72 million   3rd Year Peak, better slate of releases

360- 37 million   Should trend down slightly after 3rd year peak

PS3- 29 million  Sales should pick up next year, 3rd year peak and price cut

Not for a long time, no one can find them still.

Nintendo still doomed?
Feel free to add me on 3DS or Switch! (PM me if you do ^-^)
Nintendo ID: Mako91                  3DS code: 4167-4543-6089

not till demand slows down

not until 2010 at earliest

they will continue to sell out this year and next at the least

no price cuts until they stop selling out

Bets:Missed by 420k I bet leo-j vg$500 that wii will sell 31 million by 7/31/08.  Sorry, I don't think he has enough vg$ to make it with all of u that wish you could. Hit, with room to spare I bet kingofwale a 1-week ban that wii Americas ltd sales>360 Americas ltd sales as of the numbers for week ending 7/05/08 (using vgchartz homepage #s)

Predictions:

Wii will sell 18-20mil by 12/31/07  CHECKWii will sell 45mil+ WW by 12/31/08Wii will surpass PS2 sales WW by 11/17/11 (5yr anniversary)Wii Fit will hit 12mil sales in 2009MKWii+SSBB+Wii Fit+SMG > 50 mil sales by 2010 > gta4+mgs+gt5+ff13+haze+lbp