By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Most impressive next gen game yet.

Tagged games:

Most impressive next gen game yet.

Infamous Second Son. 141 31.33%

Mario Kart 8. 129 28.67%

Killzone Shadowfall. 17 3.78%

Dead Rising 3. 6 1.33%

Ryse. 37 8.22%

Super Mario 3D World. 41 9.11%

Other. 78 17.33%

Total:449

Mario Kart 8... really, 360 and PS3 could handle this game.

PSN & XBOX GT : cutzman25

Around the Network
cutzman25 said:

They could, but there are not many teams that could replicate its art direction, graphics are not always about horsepower.

NNID: MagicalLight

FC: 4124 - 5888 - 4804

From a pure visual standpoint, Killzone Shadow Fall. Tesselation, global illumination, material based rendering, etc. InFamous has most of these techs, but it lacks tesselation and so it's 2nd. Ryse is 3rd because it packs some impressive lightning, textures and animations. Dead Rising has simplistic visuals, it isn't quite a looker. Wii U games unfortunately suffer to much from the lack of horsepower. However, there is another one. Metro Redux is close to SF and better looking than almost all games on this list.

The only 8th gen games that have next gen visuals are: Killzone, InFamous, Ryse, Driveclub, Forza (both games). The rest is mostly last gen games with higher res and framerate with one little touch here and there.

Edit: Just to add, it's unbeliavable how good does Metro looks. It's a 2013 game and it still beats allmost all next gen games. SF, Metro and Crysis 3 are the top visuals (not necessarily in this order, before anyone quotes this :D)

Bayo 2 easily the best next gen game.

Skidmore said:
cutzman25 said:

They could, but there are not many teams that could replicate its art direction, graphics are not always about horsepower.

Of course they aren't, but horsepower is a massive advantage. Decent art style + more power can top good art style + less power. If you match a good art style and power, you are untouchable.

MK8 is a good example. Shaders are nice, art style is good, but the lack of AA at 720p makes the game a jaggies festival. I don't remember seeing a game with such a bad aliasing issue. It's enough to jump in the eyes and really degrade the quality of presentation of a pretty nice art style. Image quality and clarity are needed to present that art. It's like trying to see an art gallery by looking at low res pictures. You get it, they are beautiful, but you really, really isn't doing a favour to the original art concept.

Around the Network

Drive Club for graphic

and Super Mario 3D world for game play, and for both i choose Infamous second son.

Bayonetta 2

Consoles owned: Wii U wii gamecube DS DS lite DSi 3DS Xbox 360 Gameboy Gameboy color Gameboy advance Gameboy Advance sp Gameboy micro and PC. 

torok said:
Skidmore said:
cutzman25 said:

Of course they aren't, but horsepower is a massive advantage. Decent art style + more power can top good art style + less power. If you match a good art style and power, you are untouchable.

MK8 is a good example. Shaders are nice, art style is good, but the lack of AA at 720p makes the game a jaggies festival. I don't remember seeing a game with such a bad aliasing issue. It's enough to jump in the eyes and really degrade the quality of presentation of a pretty nice art style. Image quality and clarity are needed to present that art. It's like trying to see an art gallery by looking at low res pictures. You get it, they are beautiful, but you really, really isn't doing a favour to the original art concept.

I don't desagree, I was just saying that what he said is not valid, a game like Fable Legends could not be done in the X360, but it's not better looking than Mario 3D World.

NNID: MagicalLight

FC: 4124 - 5888 - 4804

Definitely Forza Horizons 2, why is that not on the list?

Skidmore said:

I don't desagree, I was just saying that what he said is not valid, a game like Fable Legends could not be done in the X360, but it's not better looking than Mario 3D World.

I don't think that the OP is clear. Most impressive game from a pure visual standpoint or from a gameplay standpoint?