By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Could Smash Bros for Wii U be the best in the series?

Well each one is better in its own way, 64 was the first time a fighting game was like this, Melee was competitive, Brawl have and epic adventure mode and music, and SSB4 is just THE EPIC SMASH it has awesome roster, good music, is competitive(not at the same level of melee but is better than brawl) and the visuals are nice. Sakurai will have to do new tricks with SSB5 to top this one.

Around the Network

If it had an actual Adventure Mode, instead of being gimped in that regard? Sure.

Maybe. I definitely think it's leagues ahead of Brawl but I still prefer the speed and flow of Melee, overall even with the 3DS version it's pretty good so far.

RCTjunkie said:
Melee is better than Brawl, but I believe this will surpass all of them

Agreed

http://moongypsy.bandcamp.com/ ~Thank you Stefl1504 for the amazing sig~

Every Smash Bros was better than the last IMO, so yes.

Around the Network

I'm thinking it might be. I consider the 3DS version to be like the Wii U one with worse controls and not as pretty graphics, so as long as the controls are as good (or better) than they were in Brawl, I'm thinking it'll top Brawl.

No doubt about it. Some people think Melee had the best mechanics, and that as a fighting game, the quality of Smash is purely reliant on those; that's one way to look at it. Another way to look at it is that Smash is a party game, and therefore the amount of (and quality of) content is more important than the fraction-of-a-moment-to-fraction-of-a-moment action.

Smash Wii U blows every previous Smash game out of the water in terms of content, and beats Brawl handily in the mechanics department. So I'd say yeah, best Smash ever.

brawl had terrible online and subspace was terrible. Dont know how that is teh best one. Hell 3ds is better than brawl so i dont know how WIi U woulnd be better.

I still think Melee is be the best, since it was the most competitive and valued raw skill more than the others. It didn't have gimmicks like tripping, or brownie points for losing.

I especially miss wave dashing though...

"Never argue with stupid people. They will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience."

-Samuel Clemens

Yep.