By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The Biggest Boosters of the Year! UPDATE: added handheld boosters for 2014

TheGoldenBoy said:
Great idea for a list but it's going to be hard to accurately say how much some games boost weekly sales when they are releasing on the same day as other games.

I dont think it will be that bad the only challenge will probably be the 18 and 11

Bets:

(Won)Bet with TechoHobbit: He(Techno) says 10 million by January 1,2014 I say 9 million by then. Winner gets 2 weeks of sig control.

(Lost)Bet with kinisking: I say Ps4 will win April NPD while he says Xbox One will win it; winner gets 1 week of avatar control.

Raichu's First Series:

First RPG?

First Fighter?

First Racer?

First Shooter?

First MMO?

First Horror?

Official Ni No Kuni Fanboy:

Familiars Captured:37

Game Beaten: 2 times almost

Times I got teary during some scenes: 3

Around the Network
OfficerRaichu15 said:
TheGoldenBoy said:
Great idea for a list but it's going to be hard to accurately say how much some games boost weekly sales when they are releasing on the same day as other games.

I dont think it will be that bad the only challenge will probably be the 18 and 11

You're right. I forgot that WWE 2K15 for current gen and Assasin's Creed Unity aren't releasing on the 28th anymore. 

Ka-pi96 said:
Zackasaurus-rex said:
This is really cool!

However, I think a *note* category needs to be considered. For example, games launching closer to the holidays might have inflated spikes and need to have that noted. Smash Bros. Wii U, Halo MCC, and LBP3 are definite examples of high-profile exclusives falling so close to the holiday shopping rush that their boosts are inflated by ordinary boosting in that time.

And those games that are releasing near other games. Like the PS4 version of FIFA doesn't look like a big boost, because the week before it was still very high from Destiny.

Or even new console models. Those white consoles could boost the sales the week they release regardless of games.

Definitely. Maybe we can create a code index for this by narrowing down the different conflation issues?

1 = Affected by Q4 spike
2 = Directly follows previous game boost (which can both under-represent and over-represent a game's boost, unfortunately)
3 = Price cut or free game deal
4 = New colour/special edition

Something along the lines of this could make the column very easy to add. Meanwhile, the codes would simply have a key at the bottom or top of the post for easy reading. 

Zackasaurus-rex said:
Ka-pi96 said:
Zackasaurus-rex said:
This is really cool!

However, I think a *note* category needs to be considered. For example, games launching closer to the holidays might have inflated spikes and need to have that noted. Smash Bros. Wii U, Halo MCC, and LBP3 are definite examples of high-profile exclusives falling so close to the holiday shopping rush that their boosts are inflated by ordinary boosting in that time.

And those games that are releasing near other games. Like the PS4 version of FIFA doesn't look like a big boost, because the week before it was still very high from Destiny.

Or even new console models. Those white consoles could boost the sales the week they release regardless of games.

Definitely. Maybe we can create a code index for this by narrowing down the different conflation issues?

1 = Affected by Q4 spike
2 = Directly follows previous game boost (which can both under-represent and over-represent a game's boost, unfortunately)

Something along the lines of this could make the column very easy to add. Meanwhile, the codes would simply have a key at the bottom or top of the post for easy reading. 

I second this. All impacts must be considered.

I WON A BET AGAINST AZUREN! WOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

:3

TheWPCTraveler said:
Zackasaurus-rex said:
Ka-pi96 said:
Zackasaurus-rex said:
This is really cool!

1 = Affected by Q4 spike

I second this. All impacts must be considered.

Yeah, it's really important to balance statistics with proper qualitative analysis. Without it, the stats are meaningless at best and misleading at worst.

Around the Network

Added biggest boosts for handhelds for 2014(Separated smash bros 3ds launches in ww and jp)

Bets:

(Won)Bet with TechoHobbit: He(Techno) says 10 million by January 1,2014 I say 9 million by then. Winner gets 2 weeks of sig control.

(Lost)Bet with kinisking: I say Ps4 will win April NPD while he says Xbox One will win it; winner gets 1 week of avatar control.

Raichu's First Series:

First RPG?

First Fighter?

First Racer?

First Shooter?

First MMO?

First Horror?

Official Ni No Kuni Fanboy:

Familiars Captured:37

Game Beaten: 2 times almost

Times I got teary during some scenes: 3