By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Crash Team Racing or Mario Kart 64?

i loved crash and didnt have a n64, so ctr for me. i still love all of naughty dog's ps games (even jak x).

i cant even relatively objectively say which is better, but they both rock.

my pillars of gaming: kh, naughty dog, insomniac, ssb, gow, ff

i officially boycott boycotts.  crap.

Around the Network

MK64 >>>> diddy kong racing

Respect for compans: SONY > NINTENDO >>>>>>>>>> MICROSOFT

Crash Team Racing!!

Crash!!!!!

Haha, wow, people still finding this thread....epic. My best work on the site lol. And I believe I put up a good argument for CTR being better....... :)

Around the Network

Can't belive people are even debating this. MK64 is one of the best games ever made and CTR is just a cheap rip-off of it. It's not even close. They are not in the same league. Surely the fact that MK Wii is on the way to selling 20m whereas there is no CTR sequel available on any current-gen console should tell you something...

DON'T WIN ME CHIBI BUDDY DON'T WIN ME.

ANIMAL CROSSING NEW LEAF FRIEND CODE:- 5129 1175 1029. MESSAGE ME.
ANDY MURRAY:- GRAND SLAM WINNER!

In my opinion the N64 was not just the best console of the 5th gen but, to this day the best console ever created!

I love MK64 never play CTR

Uncharted 2 is a blast

Game Rankings. com

CTR: 91%

MK64: 86%

Yes.  I copied and pasted my post from March of 2008.

peachbuggy said:
Can't belive people are even debating this. MK64 is one of the best games ever made and CTR is just a cheap rip-off of it. It's not even close. They are not in the same league. Surely the fact that MK Wii is on the way to selling 20m whereas there is no CTR sequel available on any current-gen console should tell you something...

CTR was made by Naughty Dog, you know, those decent developers who made Uncharted 2?  It tells you nothing that MKWii exists and a new Crash racer doesn't, as Naughty Dog no longer owns the Crash license.  Go over this thread if you want, IGN and many other reviewers, including the aggregate review sites, agree with me.  Again, no one is arguing which franchise is better, that's just lunacy......

@D21lewis - You are awesome. Thanks for the dedication to the thread pal!

Well never played Crash Team Racing so hard to say. But Mario Kart 64 I enjoyed a lot and still enjoy to day. Probably just comes down to whether you like Crash or Mario. But I have problems putting a copy over the original especially if the copy doesn't expand upon the original.