By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Hyrule Warriors Might Have A Chance to Become the Best Selling DW Game in the US! (If Not Top 3 of the Series)

pokoko said:
tbone51 said:

Here's a fact, i dont own HW (yet) and i played myfirst Musou game awhile ago (One Piece Pirate Warriors). Though thats not fair as OP is my favorite Manga of all time (despite the anime becoming Garbage after the TS :-/

It's not garbage.  >l  Chut tup.  New arcs always take awhile to get going.  Enies Lobby was boring at first but look how it ended up.

Anime is bad now, trust me it hurts so much to admit it. Enies Lobby *.* That arc is definitely my favorite, so good with the Feels!

Cant say anymore as one person here is reading it and just finished Skypiea Arc!

Around the Network
tbone51 said:
LurkerJ said:
tbone51 said:
Lawlight said:
tbone51 said:

Im that bad :-/ I'll calm down now

Why are you getting all riled up for? Do you get angry when you watch Curly, Larry and Moe? I dont know about you but I just sit back and laugh. :p

So, people are saying that a GTA Musou game will sell in the same ballpark as the other Musou games?

tbone51 said:

You get to play the entire Straw Hats and other real popular characters of the manga. It follows true to the manga with added stuff (like the arcs/etc).

Personally i might be biased but i thought it was fun. I love luffy using all his Gomu Gomu no atks XD

I didn't get to complete it but wat i seen from HW, i think One Piece has a much bigger Campaign, though HW does have that extra mode which could keep people busy. I Haven't played it in awhile, dont have a ps3 (all sony games i played at a friends house when i lived in Jersey).

Keeep up the reading, the next arcs are the best in the series. Skypiea was cool, but wait itill 2-3 arcs later. Best part of one piece has yet to come! Still not even half way done XD

Thanks! I'll add it to my to-buy list, hopefully I can find a good deal now. I was looking at Unlimited Red for a while, but now that I'm more familiar with the genre, I can't imagine a more suitable game for OP than a Musou XD

I started reading the manga a few months ago, but I'm not really keeping a consistent speed. Most of the arcs I've read seem to take a while to get going, but once the non-stop fights start, I can just keep zooming along. From what I've heard, Enies Lobby and Water 7 seem to be pretty great. I'm really looking forward to Fishman Island though...since it seems to have a lot of callbacks to Arlong Park, which was the arc that really got me hooked on the series. And also because I'm in love with Shirahoshi.

But yeah...I hope Hyrule Warriors can keep up decent sales next month.

NNID: Zephyr25 / PSN: Zephyr--25 / Switch: SW-4450-3680-7334

Lawlight said:
So, people are saying that a GTA Musou game will sell in the same ballpark as the other Musou games?

If its a GTA Musou yeah it counts, though i have absolutely no clue how that would even work XD

Around the Network
tbone51 said:
Lawlight said:

If its a GTA Musou yeah it counts, though i have absolutely no clue how that would even work XD

Do you think it would sell about the same as the other Musou games though? So, about 150-200k in its first 7+ days on the market?

Lawlight said:
the_dengle said:

Guys we can't compare sales of Brawl to sales of Melee. Most people only bought Brawl because Sonic and Snake were in it so it's not fair.

We can't compare 2 games of the same franchise?

You tell me.

From Koei-Tecmo's perspective, their Dynasty Warriors team made this game, with the "Warriors" brand on it. They knew Zelda fans would be attracted to the theme. They wanted Zelda fans to be drawn to the game. That was the whole point of making "Hyrule" Warriors.

KT spent resources (their team's time) that could otherwise have been spent making a DW game. Nintendo did not spend resources that could otherwise have been spent making a Zelda game. The choice is between this game, which is a Warriors game, and a different non-Zelda branded Warriors game. It was not a choice between this game, which doesn't even have "Zelda" in its title, and a Zelda game.

Given the same choice again in the future -- "Do we want to collaborate on another Hyrule Warriors game?" -- are Nintendo and KT more likely to ask themselves how well the game sold compared to Zelda games, or compared to other Warriors games, considering it is the Warriors team and not the Zelda team spending their time to make the game?

Why should the fact that Zelda fans bought this game be discouraging to KT? I guarantee Nintendo is not looking at the sales saying, "Damn, this didn't sell anywhere near as well as other Zelda games. Being a completely different game made by a different development team owned by a different publisher sure dragged its sales down a lot."

Lawlight said:

Of course not. It would sell very, very well in America, as KT would expect it to. That would be the whole point. It wouldn't change the fact that it's still a Musou game though.

Zelda is not GTA. Not even close. You know this.

the_dengle said:
Lawlight said:
the_dengle said:

Guys we can't compare sales of Brawl to sales of Melee. Most people only bought Brawl because Sonic and Snake were in it so it's not fair.

We can't compare 2 games of the same franchise?

You tell me.

From Koei-Tecmo's perspective, their Dynasty Warriors team made this game, with the "Warriors" brand on it. They knew Zelda fans would be attracted to the theme. They wanted Zelda fans to be drawn to the game. That was the whole point of making "Hyrule" Warriors.

KT spent resources (their team's time) that could otherwise have been spent making a DW game. Nintendo did not spend resources that could otherwise have been spent making a Zelda game. The choice is between this game, which is a Warriors game, and a different non-Zelda branded Warriors game. It was not a choice between this game, which doesn't even have "Zelda" in its title, and a Zelda game.

Given the same choice again in the future -- "Do we want to collaborate on another Hyrule Warriors game?" -- are Nintendo and KT more likely to ask themselves how well the game sold compared to Zelda games, or compared to other Warriors games, considering it is the Warriors team and not the Zelda team spending their time to make the game?

Why should the fact that Zelda fans bought this game be discouraging to KT? I guarantee Nintendo is not looking at the sales saying, "Damn, this didn't sell anywhere near as well as other Zelda games. Being a completely different game made by a different development team owned by a different publisher sure dragged its sales down a lot."

Last I checked Zelda wasn't in the same franchise as Dynasty Warriors unlike the Super Smash games.

Super_Boom said:
tbone51 said:

Thanks! I'll add it to my to-buy list, hopefully I can find a good deal now. I was looking at Unlimited Red for a while, but now that I'm more familiar with the genre, I can't imagine a more suitable game for OP than a Musou XD

I started reading the manga a few months ago, but I'm not really keeping a consistent speed. Most of the arcs I've read seem to take a while to get going, but once the non-stop fights start, I can just keep zooming along. From what I've heard, Enies Lobby and Water 7 seem to be pretty great. I'm really looking forward to Fishman Island though...since it seems to have a lot of callbacks to Arlong Park, which was the arc that really got me hooked on the series. And also because I'm in love with Shirahoshi.

But yeah...I hope Hyrule Warriors can keep up decent sales next month.

Yeah the series is broken into arcs or Sagas, your finishing up Saga 3 (Skypiea Saga), Saga 4 has its first arc which is funny and at the end takes a turn. The arcs that follow Water 7/Ennies Lobby is beyond the best especially Ennies Lobby. Take your time.

FI arc isnt as good but its not bad either, the Timeskip needs to pick up the pace. The current arc which is i believe 4th arc of the timeskip is taking its damn tine. In another week or 2 its going to surpass the longest arc in One Piece (Skypiea) ! Man oh man! Great arc, but one of the worse dragging ones. Im hoping its going to be paid off at the end :0