By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - MGS4 doesn't have multiple languages on 1 disc.......

starcraft said:
Trust me i'm not knocking the game. Stealth games (all of them) are not my thing, so I have no compulsion to buy a PS3 for this game. That said, I'm sure this game will be top-notch for all that like the genre.

But I'm sure the last I heard was that they were trying to keep it to one-sided disks, and I struggle with the notion that the game suddenly doubled in size. Also, i'm positive that they haven't done nearly the amount of compression they easily could've, because it is music to Sony's PR department's ears to hear that Blu-Ray was necessary for the game.

We'll see how necessary it was when the 360 gets MGS4 'sigma' in 12 months lol.

Yeah, why didn't they just press the "Compress" button? Must be Sony's fault...

Around the Network
Lafiel said:
I hope the japanese version has english subtitles, for in that case that would be the definite version for me. The english cast is quite good, but for my ears the japanese voice over just sounds tremendously better.

Well I think you're going to be disappointed then.

http://kotaku.com/362210/japanese-mgs4-wont-have-english-subtitles 

Earlier, we brought word that the US and European Metal Gear Solid 4 versions will not feature a Japanese voice track due to a lack of apparent disc space. Well, what about the Japanese version? Will it feature English language subtitles? Surely, Kojima Productions could squeeze subtitles on — that way, those English speakers who really wanted the Japanese voices would get them. Kojima Pro's Ryan Payton tells us:

No English subtitles on MGS4 JP.

Short, to the point and unfortunate. Ya can't have everything, kids! Sorry.

starcraft: "I and every PS3 fanboy alive are waiting for Versus more than FFXIII.
Me since the games were revealed, the fanboys since E3."

Skeeuk: "playstation 3 is the ultimate in gaming acceleration"

soon we will have 100gb blu ray disks anyway.

hunter_alien said:
Wow ... games are getting really huge . Soon PC gamers will need a minimum 500 GB hdds to play games ...

I'd like to see what percentage of MGS4's disc will be filled with uncompressed audio.

I think uncompressed audio is in the category of "nice to have, but almost irrelevant". Most people don't have good enough sound systems to notice the difference, and most of the ones who do probably don't have good enough hearing to notice it either.

Since very few people will take advantage of uncompressed audio, I think most developers will keep using compressed audio. Console games are a pretty special case since there's no advantage in not using all the space in the disc, so if you have the extra space, why not put uncompressed audio there?

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

what about E.U ??? french, english, german BD's ??

Heeeeyyyy!!!! <Snap>

Around the Network
Tendou said:

Yeah, why didn't they just press the "Compress" button? Must be Sony's fault...

lol, that was golden.

The fools, if they only had a "compress EVERYTHING" button!  

MGS games usually lasts for less than 20 hrs.
That is a lot of space.
Imagine FFXIII coming in 2 Blu-ray discs... That would be fucked up.

Yeah, it seems like a lot, especially considering MGS games use no FMV. Are we sure it's not a single-layer BR? I just can't imagine they've hit 50 gigs already.

starcraft said:
Trust me i'm not knocking the game. Stealth games (all of them) are not my thing, so I have no compulsion to buy a PS3 for this game. That said, I'm sure this game will be top-notch for all that like the genre.

But I'm sure the last I heard was that they were trying to keep it to one-sided disks, and I struggle with the notion that the game suddenly doubled in size. Also, i'm positive that they haven't done nearly the amount of compression they easily could've, because it is music to Sony's PR department's ears to hear that Blu-Ray was necessary for the game.

We'll see how necessary it was when the 360 gets MGS4 'sigma' in 12 months lol.
THERE IT WAS!!!!!! Somebody saying that Kojima could have done better, and doesn't believe that the game is THAT huge. Thank you starcraft, you made my day

I would have enjoy the US version of the games with the Amercan voices but well, french voice were great in MGS1, so no problem

Time to Work !

FFXIII=thirteen Blu-Ray Discs confirmed ;)

Tempus fugit Nintendo manet.

Level 1 - Newbie
Level 2 - Member - Pass 1k
Level 3 - Regular - Pass 2k
Level 4 - Addicted - Pass 5k
Level 5 - Obsessed - Pass 10k
Level 6 - Old Guard - Pass 20k
Level 7 - Legend - Pass 50k
Level 8 - Demi-God - Pass 100k
Level 9 - God - Pass 250k
Level 10 - Zeus - Pass 500k

New Table: