By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - September 2014 NPD Thread! Everything is up!

Aura7541 said:
thismeintiel said:
Fusioncode said:
Hyrule Warriors actually outsold FH2. Microsoft must not have advertised the game enough.

Or maybe they advertised it too much

OMG, have you seen how much the X1 has been advertised by the NFL? Even then, the PS4 version of Madden 15 still came out on top. Heck, the X1 version was the lowest selling version of the four (PS4, X1, PS3, and 360).

Only a little.  Though, I do remember what it was like when the XBO launched.  Couldn't go a single commercial break without an ad or two, lol.

Around the Network
Aura7541 said:
While we're celebrating the PS4's 9th straight victory, where the hell did Forza Horizon 2 go? September NPD goes up to October 4 and FH2 was released in September 30. I'm surprised that it didn't make the Top 10 software list in NPD.

Forza Horizon 2 was #71 for September and #89 for October on Amazon. So i guess it's sales weren't that great. Even Mw3 on 360 was ahead of it. 

vgc undertracking ps4 is pretty understandable. Not much more to say except wow at the Destiny effect. I wonder how many publications that blindly parrots Pachter's will publish retractions. Probably none.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

Woo hoo! Good job Hyrule Warriors! I was worried it wouldn't do too hot over here. Definitely deserves the sales. I think I'll play a bit to celebrate.

And good job on your bet, Tbone. I feel bad for not standing by you in the prediction thread. I bet you're feeling good right now :P

Epic PS4 numbers, Wii U better than I was expecting (not good...but I've learned to temper my expectations at this point), Xbox likely in the middle. Hopefully 3DS is decent too. *levels up Volga while waiting*

NNID: Zephyr25 / PSN: Zephyr--25 / Switch: SW-4450-3680-7334

NPD Threads on GAF are very tough to read.

Sore losers, sore winners and a million unfunny gifs and jpegs. It's like only 5% of the GAF community is capable of reading and writing.

Hyrule Warriors did okay. Will need a really strong christmas to reach that million they were hopeful for.

Around the Network
Purple said:

Sore losers, sore winners and a million unfunny gifs and jpegs. It's like only 5% of the GAF community is capable of reading and writing.

Hyrule Warriors did okay. Will need a really strong christmas to reach that million they were hopeful for.

Very few people on that site understand sales numbers, shipped numbers etc. 

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

Still no XOne numbers?

Well at least we didn't have to wait forever for the leakers to tell us Nintendo's numbers (and an idea on Sony's) this time around.

Bets:

1. If the Wii U sells closer to 10 million LTD by 1/3/2015 I win. If it sells closer to 9.5 million LTD by 1/3/2015 OfficerRaichu15 wins (winner gets 2 weeks of avatar control)--Lost.

Nice ps4 numbers, definitely above anyone expectations.

Purple said:

Not sure if you know, but 1mil is jst a wish that one of the guys had, i bet this game is already profitable looking at others in the series and this game took less than 10 months to make :)

Conegamer said:
Ha, it's hilarious to see just how horrifically wrong Pachter can be. Does he even follow the sales figures at all? Does he even ask anyone? Or does he just live in a cave somewhere in Utah without contact with the outside world and choose a random figure?

I'm going to go with Cave...