By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - September 2014 NPD Thread! Everything is up!

The PS5 Exists. 

Around the Network

It's incredible that there are people paying patcher for his "analysis".

GribbleGrunger said:

its gonna pretty really sad if/when the PS4 beats them in the holidays and we don't get any numbers

GribbleGrunger said:

Old tweet but still a goodie. They're only going to report NPD if they win one.

Leadified said:

Old tweet but still a goodie. They're only going to report NPD if they win one.

Yeah, I know. It was from the start of September. One month down, three to go.

The PS5 Exists. 

Around the Network

Tagged

Well thank goodness for the Doritos Pope so we don't have to wait up for PS4 numbers. We have a ballpark figure. about 540k. VGC predicts 3/4 of the sales. The wait for X1 numbers lingers on.

MS releases NPD numbers same day TLG release date announced confirmed.

http://www.youtube.com/v/AoOOpLpcF28 http://www.youtube.com/v/CphFZGH5030

All Hail the Jester King. The King is back, and I am still a dirty girl prof ;)

Unless someone leaks it, I doubt we'll see XB1 numbers or something like ''50% better than August''. The fact that Microsoft PR only talked about big games coming later this year without even talking about September makes me believe that Microsoft expected XB1 to do much better in September than it did.

Leadified said:
Intrinsic said:
Leadified said:
Intrinsic said:
Arkaign said:
Wow

Madden Xbox One lost to PS3 (and was last place of the 4 releases).

Its also the official console of the NFL.... Thats $500M well spent MS.

Wait, the SF Ranking sales doesn't count bundles right? Because there was a FIFA and NFL 15 bundle for the Xbox One. Maybe that explains the low sales?

Well... if you really want to look at bundles it gets worse. There was one bundle for the PS4 in spetember. That was destiny. And destiny got PS focused marketing. There were at least 2 bundles for the XB1, FIFA and Madden. Yet from all indications the XB1 didn't break 300k in hardare sales. We don't know for certain yet, but how far away the XB1 hardware is from the PS4 will tell us just how much does bundles helped sales for MS.

Er, no. I'm referring to the low software sales of FIFA & Madden on XBO, it sold less than the 360, PS3 and PS4 versions according to the software ranking in the OP.

I know you are.

What I am tryng to point out is that if the physical disc sales were that low on the XB1 we can't even say that it was because everyone was buying the XB1 bundle of the games either considering the hardware sales of the XB1 is not even near the PS4. If its rue that the PS4 did 550k+ and then the XB1 did like say 400k we could say that software sales on the XB1 for those games FIFA/Madden were low cause well the people were buying the bundles. But thats not even the case, cause rumours are that the XB1 didn't break 300k. Get my point?