By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - The Mod Team: Questions, Comments, Concerns? Ask Here!

Hope yal know this site would be nothing without the community. Of course not everyone will leave because of this specific incident, but you best not think you can always do whatever you want as the userbase will eventually reach it's limits.

Around the Network
Einsam_Delphin said:
Hope yal know this site would be nothing without the community. Of course not everyone will leave because of this specific incident, but you best not think you can always do whatever you want as the userbase will eventually reach it's limits.

Question, would you have even given this rule a second thought if jizz beard didnt have any issue with it?

I don't have time to get into the debate tonight (because I'm old and go to bed early) but someone remind me tomorrow to give my thoughts on the situation.

Signature goes here!

RolStoppable said:
gergroy said:

Like I have said before in this thread smeags, I think you guys need to be all in on whatever decision you make.  Honestly, I personally think you guys made the right call removing inappropritate names, but if jizz beard is allowed to keep his name, then others should be as well.  No point having one exception to the rule around as the problem would still be there so you might as well allow others as well...

The problem could also be solved by driving you off the website. Just saying.

Well, I have been driven off this site before.  would you honestly want me to leave the site?  Is that better than driving jizz beard off?

Einsam_Delphin said:

I am sorry, there are a lot of posts, and I may have missed something - but what exactly is 'this specific incident?'

Because this seriously seems to be about usernames being safe for work - and asking users who's names are not safe for work to change them (not moderating them, just changing their names).

But I am convinced I have missed a post or something, because there is no way this issue deserves rhetoric this...dramatic.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
gergroy said:

Question, would you have even given this rule a second thought if jizz beard didnt have any issue with it?

Would you have given this rule any thought if it didn't affect you in any way?

Nope, because it isnt a bad rule and makes sense.  I dont necro bump threads, so that rule didnt affect me but I still argued that it was dumb until it was changed. 

My point is people aren't upset at the rule as much as jizz threatening to leave because of it.  

gergroy said:
Einsam_Delphin said:

Dunno but I'm glad I did as we've finally got them to admit they don't care about what the community thinks.

starcraft said:
Einsam_Delphin said:

I am sorry, there are a lot of posts, and I may have missed something - but what exactly is 'this specific incident?'

Because this seriously seems to be about usernames being safe for work - and asking users who's names are not safe for work to change them (not moderating them, just changing their names).

But I am convinced I have missed a post or something, because there is no way this issue deserves rhetoric this...dramatic.

He is upset jizz is plannin on leaving if he doesnt get his name back.  That is where the rhetoric is coming from.  So yes, it is about the usernames...

gergroy said:
starcraft said:

He is upset jizz is plannin on leaving if he doesnt get his name back.  That is where the rhetoric is coming from.  So yes, it is about the usernames...

I like JBTP, I hope he stays.

But this is an open and shut case. In a great many of the countries from where we draw users, that name is NSFW, and NSF children. That includes my country.

We finally have the means to change usernames, and JBTP, as with others I am sure, is being offered the opportunity to change his name. Nothing about this is oppressive, dictatorial (I mean...come on) or in anyway contrary to common sense.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

starcraft said:
gergroy said:

I like JBTP, I hope he stays.

But this is an open and shut case. In a great many of the countries from where we draw users, that name is NSFW, and NSF children. That includes my country.

We finally have the means to change usernames, and JBTP, as with others I am sure, is being offered the opportunity to change his name. Nothing about this is oppressive, dictatorial (I mean...come on) or in anyway contrary to common sense.

I completely agree, but you know the drill, anytime a prominent member leaves or threatens to leave over something the mod team has done, the community gets riled up...