By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - New WiiWare Game: Major League Eating

http://wii.ign.com/articles/856/856016p1.html

February 29, 2008 - Videogame publisher Mastiff on Friday revealed that it is developing an exclusive new WiiWare title called Major League Eating: The Game. The effort will debut with the launch of Nintendo's WiiWare service on May 12, but the company has not yet set a Wii Point value.

According to Mastiff, the project will make extensive use of the Wii remote to "simulate the fast and furious action of a professional eating contest."

"Watching Major League Eating is like watching poetry in motion" said Bill Swartz of Mastiff. "Professional gurgitators have the grace of ballerinas yet the brute strength, mental focus, and intestinal fortitude to push their bodies and minds as hard as athletes in any other extreme endurance sport. Victory is sweet and defeat can be well, really, really messy. It's an experience we're proud to help bring into the home."

Major League Eating is a real sport. Now it's coming exclusively to WiiWare.
The title boasts a full roster of the world's "greatest gurgitory athletes" and features competitions set across a variety of venues, each exploiting different foods.

More from the official release: "Built much like a classic fighting game and deeper than a Chicago style deep-dish pizza, MLE: The Game requires players to master a smorgasbord of offensive and defensive weapons including bites, burps, belches, mustard gas and jalapeño flames while cramming and chewing food at a world-class pace. It's not for the faint of heart, the slow of reflex, or those with an overly strong aversion to a Technicolor reversal of fortune."

Players will use the Wii remote to execute different eating techniques, including the cram, toss and typewriter. There will also be burp-offs and hot potato challenges.

Major League Eating features offline play for two gamers, an online play mode and also leader board tracking.

Ok, Its great that there are tons of new WiiWare games, but we need something more interesting than this.

Also, how many games do you think there will be on WiiWare launch, and do you expect the overall quality of anounced games to rise or drop?

Discuss.

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)

Around the Network

huh....depending on the controls this might be fun...

Major League Eating + Wii Fit = ????

Well I like eating, particularly competitive eating, and I like video games... this could work. I'll need to investigate later when it's released.

Sounds interesting for a wiiware game, especially with the 2 player and online mode

Around the Network

I think its cool that they are getting all these different games, I just don't know how you guys can actually find a game like this interesting. It just seems like it would be so shallow.... I mean how much can you put into a food eating contest?

The defend your castle game looks cool, and so does LostWinds, and I'm hoping for more games like that.

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)

Uhh..how would the controls work???? It might be a Guitar Hero-like game...Like you point at the food while its coming down...

sign here up...just dont eat the wii

I am not sure what the motion controls will be, but I sense a lawsuit coming. You know somebody will choke on their Wiimote while playing this game.

so this game gets online and games like worms don't?

Bets:Missed by 420k I bet leo-j vg$500 that wii will sell 31 million by 7/31/08.  Sorry, I don't think he has enough vg$ to make it with all of u that wish you could. Hit, with room to spare I bet kingofwale a 1-week ban that wii Americas ltd sales>360 Americas ltd sales as of the numbers for week ending 7/05/08 (using vgchartz homepage #s)

Predictions:

Wii will sell 18-20mil by 12/31/07  CHECKWii will sell 45mil+ WW by 12/31/08Wii will surpass PS2 sales WW by 11/17/11 (5yr anniversary)Wii Fit will hit 12mil sales in 2009MKWii+SSBB+Wii Fit+SMG > 50 mil sales by 2010 > gta4+mgs+gt5+ff13+haze+lbp