By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Assassin's Creed Unity is 900p/30fps on both PS4 & Xbox One 'to avoid all the debates and stuff'

poklane said:

Assassin's Creed Unity is 900p/30fps on both PS4 & Xbox One

Assassin's Creed Unity will run at 900p/30fps on both PlayStation 4 and Xbox One, Ubisoft has confirmed, with the publisher opting to aim for platform parity to avoid discussion over the differences in performance.

"We decided to lock them at the same specs to avoid all the debates and stuff," senior producer Vincent Pontbriand told VideoGamer.com while explaining that it's the consoles' CPUs – not the GPU – that prevents Ubisoft Montreal from improving the game's performance.

"Technically we're CPU-bound," he said. "The GPUs are really powerful, obviously the graphics look pretty good, but it's the CPU [that] has to process the AI, the number of NPCs we have on screen, all these systems running in parallel.

"We were quickly bottlenecked by that and it was a bit frustrating, because we thought that this was going to be a tenfold improvement over everything AI-wise, and we realised it was going to be pretty hard. It's not the number of polygons that affect the framerate. We could be running at 100fps if it was just graphics, but because of AI, we're still limited to 30 frames per second."

Last year's Assassin's Creed 4: Black Flag also shipped at 900p/30fps on both PS4 and Xbox One. A post-release patch, however, bumped the PS4 version to 1080p. Ubisoft has given no indication that it has plans to do the same for Unity.

Assassin's Creed Unity launches on PS4, Xbox One and PC on November 14.

http://www.videogamer.com/ps4/assassins_creed_unity/news/assassins_creed_unity_is_900p_30fps_on_both_ps4_and_xbox_one.html

This is a shame that kind of people have anything to say on the final release of the game on consoles, each console should run it as well as it can... like they did last gen with the PS360 version of the games.

Honestly, who's a bigot enough to want the people who have better equipment (I.E. the PS4) forced down to the lower common denominator to avoid "discussions about the differences" people with the PS4 will invariably feel cheated unless they made a game that's not very demanding and it ran around 1080p60fps on both.

Why not lock the PC version at 900/30fps as well? I mean, they screw over PC users anyway, why stop at Uplay?

Around the Network

All the qualities and flaws of a game nowdays can be resumed on the number of pixels outputed by the GPU?

This is sad.

starcraft said:
wary-wallaroo said:

As someone who was hyped for this game, what a bunch of BS. I'll buy this second hand because Parity is a bunch of BS. Holding back the PS4 just because MS put out an underpowered machine is in no way reasonable.  I'd rather my money go to Gamestop. 

Both the machines are well and truly underpowered.

If specs matter enormously just buy it for PC!

I disagree. I think it would be more accurate to describe the X1 as 'slightly under powered' and the PS4 as 'slightly above adequate' :p Though i think both are excellent for the price, even the X1.

No serious video gamer is ever seemingly happy in regards to the HD debate. Myself, I don't see what the big deal is. People like to complain for no other reason except it gives them something to do.

PS4 couldnt handle Watch Dogs at 1080 so it aint doing Creed at 1080. I remember the days when PC gamers would complain about being held back by weak consoles only to have the console owners mock them. If you people cared that much about graphics you would have a PC rig so stop complaining.

Getting an XBOX One for me is like being in a bad relationship but staying together because we have kids. XBone we have 20000+ achievement points, 2+ years of XBL Gold and 20000+ MS points. I think its best we stay together if only for the MS points.

Nintendo Treehouse is what happens when a publisher is confident and proud of its games and doesn't need to show CGI lies for five minutes.

-Jim Sterling

Around the Network
Dgc1808 said:

The uninformed gamer, which is the majority, will still buy it in droves. 

The uninformerd gamer wouldn't care.

LudicrousSpeed said:
I love their reasoning, "to stop all the debates".

VGC users who make thread after thread about a 15 fps advantage, or one toggle higher on the vegetation, etc etc, only have yourselves to blame lol.

They probably patch it. And if not, who fucking cares. Go play on PC if graphics are that important.

I can't express how irritating i find it when people make this statement. It's such a small minded way of looking at things.

I'll just hang on to my 60 bux.

LudicrousSpeed said:
I love their reasoning, "to stop all the debates".

VGC users who make thread after thread about a 15 fps advantage, or one toggle higher on the vegetation, etc etc, only have yourselves to blame lol.

They probably patch it. And if not, who fucking cares. Go play on PC if graphics are that important.

last gen you were cheering for 1fps difference. now you come with statement lol.

”The environment where PlayStation wins is best for this industry” (Jack Tretton, 2009)

Doesnt Xbox One have the stronger CPU?