By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - The "Negative MS Press Goes Here" Thread.

CaptainPrefrences said:
hey whats up with that xbox 360 shortage excuse now a days?

I think its an excuse for poor sales. someone prove me wrong

MS said there are shortages and we all no they only tell the truth.

Around the Network
Auron said:
CaptainPrefrences said:

Well that and we've had first hand reports from like... 5 people working in the retail industry.

Auron said:
CaptainPrefrences said:

the "microsoft only tells the truth" part made me laugh. how come wii and ps3 dont have shoratges hmmm?

i went to bestbuy yesterday with my dad, the one in toronto, and i saw 10 360's all premium sitting in the middle of the aisle. i went to the xbox 360 accessorires section, and i saw a whole bunch of arcades and halo 3 editions on the top shelf thingy, all being brought down by a worker. 

twesterm said:
mrstickball said:

From now on, if there's a beef with MS, or a news story you have. Post it here. Don't start a new 30 page flamewar thread for certain people to jump on. Post it here. If not, I will begin to lock negative X360 threads.

So we'll just have a 100 page thread of flames and articles that get completely lost amongst the flames?  Right.

I alwasy have problems with all x goes here threads because things always get lost in them.  I suppose for things like SSBB updates that happen daily it's a great idea but for things like all youtube videos, negaticve console press, or anything else that isn't annual it's just a bad idea to me.  

It works for the first 2 or three pages but then the thread keeps getting bigger and bigger and people just don't want to read it except for the people that posted in the first two or three pages.  I know a lot of the negative press articles can be annoying but there are some that can actually be interesting.

A perfect example would be the article about the guy who had his console washed.  It was a pretty interesting read and one I actually don't feel dumber for wasting two minutes of my life on.  If that article was posted in the official negative 360 press thread, I would never have read it. 

I really don't like searching through pages of flames just in case someone might have posted a new article since last time I checked it.  That's why these threads don't work.

Totally agree with Twesterm. It's like mrstickball wants to hide all the negative MS threads in one tidy section. I prefer seeing a thread topic and commenting on it. Not going through hundreds of pages...

Astrodust said:
twesterm said:
mrstickball said:

From now on, if there's a beef with MS, or a news story you have. Post it here. Don't start a new 30 page flamewar thread for certain people to jump on. Post it here. If not, I will begin to lock negative X360 threads.

So we'll just have a 100 page thread of flames and articles that get completely lost amongst the flames? Right.

I alwasy have problems with all x goes here threads because things always get lost in them. I suppose for things like SSBB updates that happen daily it's a great idea but for things like all youtube videos, negaticve console press, or anything else that isn't annual it's just a bad idea to me.

It works for the first 2 or three pages but then the thread keeps getting bigger and bigger and people just don't want to read it except for the people that posted in the first two or three pages. I know a lot of the negative press articles can be annoying but there are some that can actually be interesting.

A perfect example would be the article about the guy who had his console washed. It was a pretty interesting read and one I actually don't feel dumber for wasting two minutes of my life on. If that article was posted in the official negative 360 press thread, I would never have read it.

I really don't like searching through pages of flames just in case someone might have posted a new article since last time I checked it. That's why these threads don't work.

Totally agree with Twesterm. It's like mrstickball wants to hide all the negative MS threads in one tidy section. I prefer seeing a thread topic and commenting on it. Not going through hundreds of pages...

This is what this thread should be about....railing against the idea of a "damage control" thread.  Let's not condone the idea of the OP by putting negative MS press here.

Around the Network
ZenfoldorVGI said:
super_etecoon said:
I say a big censorship sucks WTF to this thread. I don't even care one way or the other....but this is the ultimate in whining.

Because mods are useless and censorship sucks, console bashing hate-speech is the only way to fly.

Go back to your commune hippie. 

lol.

So from now on, everyone has to submit to a particular posting pattern just because a mod said so?

Ring me up when this is in the rules, until then I'll disregard it (as I hope most people will).

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

Astrodust said:
ZenfoldorVGI said:
super_etecoon said:
I say a big censorship sucks WTF to this thread. I don't even care one way or the other....but this is the ultimate in whining.

Because mods are useless and censorship sucks, console bashing hate-speech is the only way to fly.

lol.

I'm not sure where it is you gathered "mods suck" from my post?  Somehow the OP thinks that MS is being handed a raw deal here on VGChartz...yet every other thread is an attack against Nintendo and their Blue-Ocean Casuals are Killing the Hardcores rant.  Do you know what we do....we either ignore it or respond with our own commentary.  Big deal.  The idea of cleaning up the site from bad publicity for a console maker is just asinine and deserves the ridicule it is receiving in this thread.

When are MS going to release the new RROD free XBox 360 model, 100% non failure rate that will still be alive in three years time? 1 in 3 failure rate XBox 360 is a joke. The three year warranty issued last July is not going to help the three million Xbox 360 users whose console died before July last year. MS do not care for customer service.

super_etecoon said:
Astrodust said:
ZenfoldorVGI said:
super_etecoon said:

lol.

I'm not sure where it is you gathered "mods suck" from my post?  Somehow the OP thinks that MS is being handed a raw deal here on VGChartz...yet every other thread is an attack against Nintendo and their Blue-Ocean Casuals are Killing the Hardcores rant.  Do you know what we do....we either ignore it or respond with our own commentary.  Big deal.  The idea of cleaning up the site from bad publicity for a console maker is just asinine and deserves the ridicule it is receiving in this thread.

I think he was being facetious. At least that's what I took from reading his earlier posts. It's like" Lets chase these treehuggers from our forum!"