By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Destiny (PS4) outsells Mario Kart 8 in less then 2 weeks.

Hmm. Good job for Activision, I guess, but I don't think it'll keep outselling Mario Kart 8 weekly a few weeks from now.

We still have quite a ways to go till the end of October, after all.

I WON A BET AGAINST AZUREN! WOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

:3

Around the Network

Why are people so appalled that someone could find another game better than something with mario in it's title?

It stinks of Nintendo elitism in this thread.

huiii said:
Why are people so appalled that someone could find another game better than something with mario in it's title?

It stinks of Nintendo elitism in this thread.

I think this thread exist due a Nintendo fan that made a thread saying Mario will outsell Destiny...

So it is the opposite... Nintendo fans started that.

fleischr said:
Destiny is terribly frontloaded though.

MK is the very definition of gaming sales legs. Years from now, MK8 will have outsold Destiny PS4 by roughly a 2:1 margin. (MK8 12-14 million, Destiny PS4 6-7 million)

I'm not sure what kind of attach rates you're expecting, but most people don't expect the Wii U to do more then 25m. Even MKWii didn't reach a 50% attach ratio. I'd say even 10m LT is a bit of a dream, let alone 12.

--- alt removed ---

Around the Network
CGI-Quality said:
bubblegamer said:

Most gamers don't even like Mario.

Stop that!

OT: Not a huge surprise, but there are many perspectives that can be thrown out here. MK is a rather large franchise only held back by the WiiU's userbase, or, Destiny is selling better than it on the highest selling current gen machine. 

Its not neccessarily MK8 being surpassed that is the shock, but the space of time. less then 2 weeks vs over 3months.

--- alt removed ---

--- alt removed ---

--- alt removed ---

TBH I don't think Destiny deserves it. It's impressive though. Its legs will depend on post-launch support and how good/bad the DLC is.