By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Mafia Round 70 - Smash Brothers - Wahahaha! Wario Wins! (And Mafia Too I Guess...)

Clyde32 said:
Spurge, Paraphrase your PM.

Chances are he won't. he will say that claiming this early is insane. If he does claim it will likely be convoluted and not make much sense. This is again because I believe he is mafia. I've been right before. Have your doubts in me, that's fine but it makes sense and it's not just me, most of those that voted for Padib yesterday see it, whether or not they are all ready to vote for him yet or not. This is where my vote is staying. I encourage you to go back and reread all his posts and push him. Wait to vote and lets make the most of the time we have.

http://www.youtube.com/v/AoOOpLpcF28 http://www.youtube.com/v/CphFZGH5030

All Hail the Jester King. The King is back, and I am still a dirty girl prof ;)

Around the Network
Nicklesbe said:
spurgeonryan said:
@ noctis

Mistkake by you.

Khan cleared hylian. So if you suspect him you must suspect khan a well. Correct?

No noctis is not making a mistake. Khan did not clear khan. All he found was that hylian was not holding anything dangerous. That does not clear him. 

Are you saying that you think Khan is just an item cop? So if mafia aren't holding items, he's useless? And if town is holding a dangerous item (say for a killing role like vigilante) then he could even be detrimental to town? He says his troops take the item from the investigated person. Wouldn't that leave the person without a power, much like the thief cop Sparks was in the FE game?

I think the only way it makes sense is if the items he looks at are just the flavor of his investigations, and he's just a straight alignment cop. Otherwise he could be dangerous to town if he incriminates a vigilante.

spurgeonryan said:
Conegamer said:
spurgeonryan said:
It is day two! Are you psychotic!!!!!

Does no one else see this? Radish votes for no reason, and stefl votes be ause smeags is being cute.

See what? What am I supposed to be seeing? 

You have just asked people to stop dodging questions and stop making hypocritical posts, so now would be a good time to lead by example Spurge. I'm not asking for a role claim; I'm asking why you want to know others when you aren't willing to share your own. Surely you realize that's a bad idea?

You are not reading again and wasting alll of our time!!!!

I asked for names bro! No claiming!! its only day two and you all want to give claims away to scum.

Yes, I know that. I even said that right in the post. Do you not remember my distaste of WEPL early yesterDay because of him trying to get a role claim?

Anyway this is exactly why I wasn't going to argue with you. It just isn't worth it because anyone who even suggests you might be Mafia is immediately a target. I have provided my reasoning, I have linked posts, and made my point, and yet you continue your crusade which only makes you look even more suspicious. 

Also I understand what you're saying Radish, but there have been several questionable posts between the inconsistancies in your "claim", and also more recently the lack of knowledge of how to place a vote (which suggests a lack of focus or understanding of the game). Again, a lot of this could just be bad town play moreso than anything else, but you have to understand the suspicion because of it. 

Finally I have to agree with Nickles for now. Even if you are town, Spurge, you're being detrimental and just getting us nowhere. That's not good, so for now:

Vote: Spurgeonryan

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Nicklesbe said:

It just needs to be seperate. It can't be part of a sentance it must be its own paragraph like above.

I have a theory, that theory is that mafia can be predictable. They have a goal and they will try to achieve that goal. Yesterday their goal was to mislynch Khan and nearly succeded, but good logic prevailed. I'm pretty sure the entire team voted for khan. Hylian may be town, I'm not sure at this point sadly. If he is town swap him out for Yoshi that claimed they wanted khan lynched. I say the best way to test this theory is to lynch Smeags or spurge. lets face it both are obviously scum. Spurg can't help himself any opportunity he gets he trys to discredit town. They have both posted a bit but have contributed nothing beneficial to town and what they have contributed has only caused confusion, anger, and misdirection. The best way to get answers today is this folks.

I agree with what's being said about spurge here, but it just feels all wrong to lynch the first suspicious target we have. What will we do if we get spurge close to lynch and he claims some incoherent claim, and he looks even more suspicious? Will we just waste the rest of the day and hammer him? Or will we start suspecting everyone that takes their vote off him first with the reasoning that they want to make use of what's left in the day? Not trying to defend spurge here, I'm just saying, let's be careful not to trap ourselves on the first lynch train.

Quite frankly, I disagree with the overall theory though. Just because there were a lot of scum on your lynch last game doesn't mean that scum are that predictable always. Smeags is doing everything he's doing on purpose. If he's scum, he's bad scum. I think he's trying to get reactions. Spurge though is confusing the fuck out of me and seems to just be flailing wildly, so I'll agree to vote for him and see what role he claims.

Overall though, I think you're being way too overconfident that you've found all the scum. I really don't think scum is going to be dumb enough to fall for the "pet the ego" trap twice, especially now that padib, the most reckless person I've ever played mafia with, has already fallen for it.

But I do want to see where this spurge train is going, because quite frankly a spurge lynch does make sense.

vote: spurge

spurgeonryan said:
Not a purposeful bus throwing^

But when they saw he was a lost cause, it was abandon ship! All scum for themselves.

Still probably only one or two who voted for him though.

It was never a lost cause though. We were tied down almost to the last hour. If two or three folks had come out against me, I would be gone, or at least there would be a forced tiebreaker.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Around the Network
Mr Khan said:
spurgeonryan said:

But when they saw he was a lost cause, it was abandon ship! All scum for themselves.

It was never a lost cause though. We were tied down almost to the last hour. If two or three folks had come out against me, I would be gone, or at least there would be a forced tiebreaker.

There would be no tie breaker, you both would have been lynched. I asked everyone I could, getting answers from everyone and everyone that answered seemed to be those pushing for your lynch. With all of the arguments they were making it could have easily been against you, especially with my double vote. If I had switched as hylian said he wanted after the votes were cast you would be dead right now and mafia would be at a big advantage now.

Nicklesbe said:
Mr Khan said:
spurgeonryan said:

There would be no tie breaker, you both would have been lynched. I asked everyone I could, getting answers from everyone and everyone that answered seemed to be those pushing for your lynch. With all of the arguments they were making it could have easily been against you, especially with my double vote. If I had switched as hylian said he wanted after the votes were cast you would be dead right now and mafia would be at a big advantage now.

I know he said dual-lynch under regular conditions, but if it's "smash" rules, then a tie goes to Sudden Death.

Granted, i don't know if that's the case, but you could have a decent expectation that rules will change temporarily.

That said, it might behoove us to wait again. If "Settle It In Smash" is a Daily event, it's a great boon because it makes process of elimination easy. Plus i feel like there are mafia candidates amongst the no-voters from day One that we should look at, although i'll vote Spurge if it seems like that's where things are headed later on.

Mr Khan said:
That said, it might behoove us to wait again. If "Settle It In Smash" is a Daily event, it's a great boon because it makes process of elimination easy. Plus i feel like there are mafia candidates amongst the no-voters from day One that we should look at, although i'll vote Spurge if it seems like that's where things are headed later on.

Agreed. For now just to make sure we get as much time as possible.

Unvote

Stefl1504 said:
I demand a serious nameclaim by Smeags, not a one packaged in joking or something else, not one that is defined by "what he does" or some random shit, and not something that is open to interpretation.
spurgeonryan said:
Stefl on the other hand is asking for claims...

hmmm... dare I say you are kinda not reading what I said?