By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Mafia Round 70 - Smash Brothers - Wahahaha! Wario Wins! (And Mafia Too I Guess...)

HANG ON HANG ON!!! What's your role Khan again? I skimmed read and missed that part but I know your Marth.
(I'm not Marth so me no counter claim.)

Around the Network
Nicklesbe said:
Mr Khan said:

Harder to ask this of a mod. We get a lot of PMs

The townie Marth.

Good swordsman and leader. Sees danger from afar. My units at night determine who is a threat. Pick one player to track.

So how do you know you are a watcher and not a tracker? Or some other variation?

What's the difference between a watcher and a tracker? It never pegged a specific name to it, and I assumed there's a lot of overlap between those roles?

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

I get it now, i learn what they're holding. So maybe a cop-like role?

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

^ Tracker is basically when you follow someone at night and you see who they target.

I think watcher is to see what they actually do.

WhiteEaglePL said:
HANG ON HANG ON!!! What's your role Khan again? I skimmed read and missed that part but I know your Marth.

You.

No more talking.

Scroll up.

Around the Network

*edit: neevermind.

I dunno what holidng roles are lol.

Smeags said:
WhiteEaglePL said:

You.

No more talking.

Scroll up.

Me banned?
:O

Or do you mean he explained it..well I was writing that and Khan posted his explanation a few seconds before what I was writing.

NoCtiS_NoX said:
impertinence said:
radishhead said:

Padib: 5/10 - The points that I made earlier, despite being primarily as a device to create more discussion, were based in truth. I do think that I stumbled across something just because of the way that he reacted to my statements. If it does turn out he's mafia, then I already have a good idea of a couple of his mafia friends. I am actually probably looking for a Padib lynch today because I believe that if a Day 1 lynch has to happen, it has to be able to provide INFORMATION. I will get good information on the motives of other players upon seeing Padib's true alignment. 

White: 6/10 - There is no denying that other players have made good points about some strange methods of play that White has been using so far this game: the whole issue surrounding the "doctor", and the comment about Kirby being a watcher and so on. If he's not a mafia, then he may well be a role that revolves around other people's roles in some way? Maybe a transporter? However, despite considering White to be more likely to be a mafia member than Padib at the moment, I don't feel that I could get as much information from a White lynch at the moment, and therefore it isn't worth the risk.

What information do you think we would get from a padib flip? The way I see it, if he flips town, you, khan and white all look like scum, if he flips scum then ... what? I don't see how that flip gives us any more information, in fact, seems to me we would get exactly the same information from flipping Khan or white, with the added benefit that they have generated much more discussion. And they both have semi reasonable cases against them, unless someone has dug up something I have missed then the case against padib is not very substantial and basically is built around your chainsaw defense of White. 

I agree that we don't have any solid cases at all, but at least the case against White makes sense. I still don't think he is the best lynch, but that is not because of his defense against the case against him which is pretty much non-exsistant. And then we have Khan who seems the scummiest of all. Yet you would prefer to lynch the third most suspicious option. I really don't get it. Feel free to fill me in on what I am missing here.

@bold underlined
I would have voted you instantly just for this statement.  If he flips scum then that's very crucial for town especially on day 1. It means one less scum to worry about. What if he has a power like a mafia blocker? It doesn't matter if  we don't get any info from that flip as long we lynch a scum.

I will keep my eyes on you the next day.

Oh my. You do realize the context I made that statement in right? Radish says he thinks white is more likely to be scum than padib but has his vote on padib anyway. Because why? Because flippingpadib will give more information then white. I am trying to get hi to explain what he means by this, the way I see it, it makes no sense to pick a less supsicious target since there really is no more information to be had from it, and when in my opinion it is more beneficial to flip one of the players with more activity on their case. 

How in the world you managed to interpret my post as me not wanting to lynch scum on Day 1 is a mystery to me. Either you are tunneling super hard or you are trying to set up a case for Day 2, I don't think you could actually seriously be making that case.

Mr Khan said:

What's the difference between a watcher and a tracker? It never pegged a specific name to it, and I assumed there's a lot of overlap between those roles?

You should know what a watcher does since Hylian was one our first game and watched me while I made night kills, you should also know what a tracker was because White was a tracker last game and I counter claimed with great success. A watcher targets someone and sees who targets that person at night http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Watcher A tracker targets someone and sees who they target if anyone http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Tracker a follower targets someone and sees what action they take but not who it is against and a voyer http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Voyeur sees what action is done at night but not who did it.

http://www.youtube.com/v/AoOOpLpcF28 http://www.youtube.com/v/CphFZGH5030

All Hail the Jester King. The King is back, and I am still a dirty girl prof ;)

This is close.

Let's make it closer!

unvote

Vote: Mr Khan

You're too pretty. I don't like you.