By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Mafia Round 70 - Smash Brothers - Wahahaha! Wario Wins! (And Mafia Too I Guess...)

Mr Khan said:
radishhead said:
Remind me what roles they've claimed?

stefl is kirby, a lightning rod or ostensibly a town redirector. HylianSwordsman is a voyeur who can go invisible, as he's mr. game and watch and can turn on his Z-axis to become unseen.

I think it would be reasonable to assume that with both of these claims  - even assuming that one of them is mafia - they are telling the truth about a large part of their roles. I have no doubt that Hylian can 'turn on his Z-axis to become unseen', however obviously that doesn't mean he's telling the truth about being a voyeur. Of the two, Stefl's role has played such a key part in the goings-on of recent days, and he's been very much in the centre of a bunch of roles due to the complicated nature of his claim - I think claiming such a role that places him in the spotlight would make him less likely to be the Mafia of the two.

Click this button, you know you want to!  [Subscribe]

Watch me on YouTube!

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheRadishBros

~~~~ Mario Kart 8 drove far past my expectations! Never again will I doubt the wheels of a Monster Franchise! :0 ~~~~

Around the Network

Tell me, if I'm scum, how did I know that Imp was a doctor? The only typical scum role that could do that is rolecop, but then I would have known he was a psychiatrist as well, and would have seen that in my results and told everyone I saw it to strengthen my claim. But spurge wasn't the SK, so Imp's psychiatrist ability didn't activate and I didn't see it, because I'm a voyeur, not a rolecop. I could be a scum voyeur, but if I was, I wouldn't have given the doctor a free claim by backing him up.

And again, if I'm scum, that means:

1. I set up a follow the cop scenario in a game with an unkillable doctor that can potentially be controlled by scum, but made no attempt to control it, leaving town to use it.

2. I'd have no way of knowing that spurge would be miller, or that Khan's reads would be worthless, whichever the case may be, nor could I know that the cop would eventually lose his powers to a bomb, so as far as I could know, I was giving town a working cop.

3. The game has a killable doctor that scum can't control, and I knew that doctor existed 2 days ago and rather than kill him, I let town know of his presence.

4. I helped town find a doctor that has now proven himself by preventing a kill, and now town has one less death.

Therefore, if I'm scum, I've now given town their cop and their doctor, and made no attempt to stop either of them, nor have I tried to steal the controllable night immunity from town. I didn't just blindly hand town the cop or doctor either. I didn't trust either at first until I tested them both to be sure they could be trusted. Once I tested each to my satisfaction, I went on to support them. I'm doing a pretty good job with my role if I'm town, if I dare say so myself. If I'm scum, I'm either one terrible fucking scum player, stupid, insane, or some combination of those.

radishhead said:
Mr Khan said:
radishhead said:
Remind me what roles they've claimed?

stefl is kirby, a lightning rod or ostensibly a town redirector. HylianSwordsman is a voyeur who can go invisible, as he's mr. game and watch and can turn on his Z-axis to become unseen.

I think it would be reasonable to assume that with both of these claims  - even assuming that one of them is mafia - they are telling the truth about a large part of their roles. I have no doubt that Hylian can 'turn on his Z-axis to become unseen', however obviously that doesn't mean he's telling the truth about being a voyeur. Of the two, Stefl's role has played such a key part in the goings-on of recent days, and he's been very much in the centre of a bunch of roles due to the complicated nature of his claim - I think claiming such a role that places him in the spotlight would make him less likely to be the Mafia of the two.

If I'm scum, I gave you a doctor and a cop. If Stefl is scum, he made spurge seem like he was lying. Spurge could be telling the truth if Stefl is some kind of scum deflector, which would fit the description of his role. Also, why would I, as scum, tell you about my turning invisible power, when the only time I've used it is on days when no one would have seen me anyway? Seems like a stupid move as scum to me.

HylianSwordsman said:
radishhead said:

If I'm scum, I gave you a doctor and a cop. If Stefl is scum, he made spurge seem like he was lying. Spurge could be telling the truth if Stefl is some kind of scum deflector, which would fit the description of his role. Also, why would I, as scum, tell you about my turning invisible power, when the only time I've used it is on days when no one would have seen me anyway? Seems like a stupid move as scum to me.

That's the problem I face- you're totally right, of course: does it really have to be the case that one of the two of you are Mafia? I doubt it.

Click this button, you know you want to!  [Subscribe]

Watch me on YouTube!

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheRadishBros

~~~~ Mario Kart 8 drove far past my expectations! Never again will I doubt the wheels of a Monster Franchise! :0 ~~~~

radishhead said:
HylianSwordsman said:
radishhead said:

That's the problem I face- you're totally right, of course: does it really have to be the case that one of the two of you are Mafia? I doubt it.

Then it's you, who's been confirmed by the PM flap, or me, which...

Man this is hard.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Around the Network
Mr Khan said:

Then it's you, who's been confirmed by the PM flap, or me, which...

Man this is hard.

This is why I said wait until Stefl gets here. Thing is, he hasn't posted in here in 10 days, so I don't know when that will be. In fact, he hasn't posted at all on the forums since his last post in here. Last I knew he was investigating me. He better come back with a fucking novel at this rate.

For now, I'm putting the heat on. Maybe he'll show.

Vote Stefl1504

Vote HylianSwordsguy

>I made it seem like spurge was lying when I was one of his hugest defenders for a long time
>I served Yoshiya on a silver platter

Have you gotten us any scum mister HylianSwordsguy?
Also, uncovering a doctor is not the best decision.
Radish you should finally target other people, there is nothing to prove by continuously visiting me.

Forgot voting rules

Vote: HylianSwordsguy

Well, let us go by daily vote actions:

Hylian voted Mr. Khan day 1
I voted nothing

Day 2 I pushed for Smeags over Spurge, because I believed Smeags was scum and Spurge not to be it, Hylian joined in. (I mostly saved spurge by saying Ninja vs. Tracker)

Day 3 I was the one finding Yoshi

Day 4 I went along with the spurge lynch - even though I thought he was town - because he really didn't make himself useful and it had gotten a tedium...

Day 5 was yesterday, I must say, I disappeared, and we would be in a much better position today if I hadn't. Because my plan yesterday was to either get Hylian or me lynched.

As for why you should've lynched me or him - we both claimed to be modified watchers.

There is only one option then for me. Like there was yesterday - and again I have to resign my presence for a bit, hopefully not as troublesome and "disappeary" as the last time.