By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - I have an AGP slot apprantly now recommand me some graphics cards

As i was going through the program suggested by z64dan and it turns out i have AGP slot. I though I had PCI only but it seems I have an AGP. Anyway recommand me some good graphics card. My budget is 250$.

Around the Network

Don't buy an AGP videocard.

Upgrade to PCI-E.

AGP 4X is quite old. You should be able to find any newer cards in AGP, however, most new cards are AGP 8X. Good luck.

EDIT: Agree with poster above PCI-E is the way to go. 

Now Playing: Crysis 2

Last Finished: BulletStorm

Online IDs: PSN: computermaximus, XBL: computermaximus

Damn it can't catch a break with pc gaming.

The best AGP card currently is an X1900 series one from ATI, but I would advise you wait for the AGP HD3850, which is the best and very likely the last AGP card ever to be released.

Ubuntu. Linux for human beings.

If you are interested in trying Ubuntu or Linux in general, PM me and I will answer your questions and help you install it if you wish.

Around the Network
Game_boy said:

The best AGP card currently is an X1900 series one from ATI, but I would advise you wait for the AGP HD3850, which is the best and very likely the last AGP card ever to be released.

Yea, but, is AGP 4X... upgrade man, upgrade...

By me:

Made with Blender + LuxRender
"Since you can´t understand ... there is no point to taking you seriously."

Yea I'm just gonna get a new desktop. I just wanted to play unreal tournament 3 and Gears of war PC. I don't remember going through so much trouble when I was trying to get unreal tournament 2004 to work.

If you only have agp4x, what CPU are you running? I suspect you are gonna have to get more than a new VGA card to run UT3 and Gears.

@Mister

Intel Celeron D 2.8 GHz

Yea I'm giving up on upgrading this old box. I'm looking for new desktop.

tk1797 said:

@Mister

Intel Celeron D 2.8 GHz

Yea I'm giving up on upgrading this old box. I'm looking for new desktop.

Yep, that sucks.

Do you want me to help with deciding on new computer parts? I know what works, in general.

Ubuntu. Linux for human beings.

If you are interested in trying Ubuntu or Linux in general, PM me and I will answer your questions and help you install it if you wish.