By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Wii Biohazard 0 Unlikely to Go West

Wii Biohazard 0 Unlikely to Go West

Capcom confines zombie port to Japan.

UK, February 28, 2008 - Following yesterday's news that a port of Biohazard 0 would be stumbling its way onto Wii, Capcom has noted that the game will likely never see the light of day outside of Japan.

Head-scratching ensued when Famitsu revealed that a remake of the underwhelming 2002 GameCube title was coming to Wii this summer. However, a Capcom Europe spokesperson today stated that, "We currently have no plans to bring the Wii version of Resident Evil 0 [...] to either US or Europe at this point in time. It will most likely be a Japan-only release."

Anyone saddened by the news would be advised to wipe away the tears and point their web browser in the direction of eBay, where copies of the Wii-compatible original are going for under five pounds.

http://uk.wii.ign.com/articles/855/855573p1.html

Around the Network

It's no biggie, but it's a bit baffling... 90% of the Resident Evil sales on Wii come from outside of Japan. Don't they want to make money?

From a business perspective, I don't understand why they wouldn't make an English version... How much can it cost really?

Maybe their translation teams are just overloaded with work, in which case it'll probably come later.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

Nice Capcom, what a retarded decision. When you think about it more western gamers buy Resident Evil than the Japanese.

This is a weird/retarded decision by Capcom :(

Come on guys Capcom is just doing some more testing to see how they should make the next test.

See there testing for tests.

"Back off, man. I'm a scientist."

Your theories are the worst kind of popular tripe, your methods are sloppy, and your conclusions are highly questionable! You are a poor scientist. Especially if you think the moon landing was faked.

ioi + 1
Around the Network
Soriku said:
kenzomatic said:

Come on guys Capcom is just doing some more testing to see how they should make the next test.

See there testing for tests.

More test?

I hope this sells well to pass their Wii expectations. What do you think will come out of it all?

Maybe that's why they're not making a western version. If western Wii gamers learn Japanese, import a Japanese Wii (or use the freeloader disc), and buy this game, THEN they'll be worthy of Capcom's support :P

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

I want it. I might import it if I can.

My Games of 2011:

The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword

Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Super Mario 3D Land

Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception

Not bringing it outside Japan must mean it's a pretty basic remake with the entirely same engine. If it was more expensive than that, then you could be sure they'd do more to sell it.

not sure if I want this test to pass as if Capcom proves that these games will only sell in Japan how does that bode for the rest of us?

May be better if this one bombs in Japan a la No More Heroes

Haven't they done enough tests already?