By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Does Destiny's lack of long term engagement help the rest of the year releases?

While I am enjoying Destiny on my PS4, many people seem to think that it will not keep gamers interested for very long.

Does this possibly help the rest of the year releases like COD, Halo:MCC, Shadows Of Mordor, Alien, Dragon Age, Sunset Overdrive, Assassins Creed etc.??

Will they sell better now? If Destiny had been a more solid game and people played it longer, might have waited on other titles?

Is there a title you will think will REALLY benefit from this the most.. ?  

Just curious...

XBLive: cpg716     PSN ID: cpg716  Steam: Luv4Tech77

Predictions on 12/01/15 - Generation 8 Totals:

PS4: 85-95m
X1: 55-65m
WiiU: 20-30m

Around the Network

Yes, it is good for them.
I think COD will benefit the most.

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

It should. If enough of a game is hated by the person. They let go of the game a lot easier. The game easily gets people mad from the RNG loot system. I'd get bored if I had to stand in front of a cave to get weapons and gear I want/need really quick. Boring repetition is bane to any game. Halo and Shadows will definallty cause people to go away from Destiny.

I considered this.

Destiny was an underwhelming game and even the opening was smaller than many predicted. It wasn't the CoD killer.

That will definitely help the sales of other games coming this year.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Destiny is still an addictive game but so far it is lacking content,content that people will start to search in other experiences,in other words its still very much up to bungie to change that before december´s expansion with some free "substancial add ons" something that i doubt will happen so yeah other big MP games will benefit not so much the single player ones.

Around the Network
PeterSilenced said:
Destiny is still an addictive game but so far it is lacking content,content that people will start to search in other experiences,in other words its still very much up to bungie to change that before december´s expansion with some free "substancial add ons" something that i doubt will happen so yeah other big MP games will benefit not so much the single player ones.

I wonder if the content was there.. and the engagement longer.. if that would have hurt COD: AW in any way. 

XBLive: cpg716     PSN ID: cpg716  Steam: Luv4Tech77

Predictions on 12/01/15 - Generation 8 Totals:

PS4: 85-95m
X1: 55-65m
WiiU: 20-30m

Yup, it will. I like the game, but I'm certainly not hooked on it. When I get my XBO I'll be playing the shit out of the Master Chief Collection.

"On my business card I am a corporate president. In my mind I am a game developer. But in my heart I am a gamer." - Satoru Iwata