By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Do you trust Ebay?

I was wondering how many people trust/buy from ebay.

My mom goes crazy on that site from buying collectibles to doing her holiday shopping but I wasn't sure if I should trust it for more expensive items.

Ex: I want to buy 2GB of ram and I can get it for only 60$ + shipping but then how does the waranty work or what if for some reason the item doesn't work?

What do you guys think? 

Around the Network

I wouldn't trust it. I personally sold a bad stick of ram on eBay myself once.

I trust E-bay I just don't trust all the people on there though.

"Back off, man. I'm a scientist."

Your theories are the worst kind of popular tripe, your methods are sloppy, and your conclusions are highly questionable! You are a poor scientist. Especially if you think the moon landing was faked.

ioi + 1

I trust ebay... but I want a very high percentage for the seller at least 99.5%. I typically read all the negative feedback given to do a little estimate within my head to find out if I think the seller was at fault and if the seller did anything to remediate it. Most expensive purchase I've made online is a motorcycle helmets ($370 & $320). However, my dad bought a Harley Motorcycle ($12k) and flew and picked it up 500 miles away. So yeah I trust it, but be wary of sellers from Hong Kong, sellers with no feedback or a poor percentage of positive feedback.

azrm2k said:

What did the customer say?

Around the Network

I trust it, but I don't do paypal. Money Order or cash for me.

I am Washu-bot B, loyal servant of Final-Fan, the greatest scientific genius in the universe!

cool48 said:
azrm2k said:

What did the customer say?

The best part is he never complained.  I don't know if he was so confused and thought he did something to it or what.

cleveland124 said:
I trust ebay... but I want a very high percentage for the seller at least 99.5%. I typically read all the negative feedback given to do a little estimate within my head to find out if I think the seller was at fault and if the seller did anything to remediate it. Most expensive purchase I've made online is a motorcycle helmets ($370 & $320). However, my dad bought a Harley Motorcycle ($12k) and flew and picked it up 500 miles away. So yeah I trust it, but be wary of sellers from Hong Kong, sellers with no feedback or a poor percentage of positive feedback.

The guy I'm looking at has 98.2% positive out of 229 000 sales but it just seems that a lot of the negative ones are complaining about how the ram doesn't work.

I loooooove eBay. One of my favorite sites ever!

If it's PC stuff, try to buy from actual power sellers that have stores. That's a good way to buy :D

I really want a Wii and I was thinking about using the ebay option. But considering that the Wii is being sold on that site for around $400 max. That is absolutely crazy and I can not trust the seller IMO.

What if anything happens, then I would have to fork out more money just for insurance.

I do buy ebay items, only video games of the past or present.